Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group buy on a $30 item? Just man up and shell out the $30...i don't know how much cheaper it could get.

Yes the trunk install unlocks/locks all the doors. It's basically tricking your car to thinking your using the trunk lock. Great purchase IMO

Comment

is there a way to wire it to the hazards so the lights blink when you lock/unlock it

Comment

Originally posted by DanGillan
        Originally posted by Spencer
        Group buy is a good idea.

-Spencer

its fuckin $30 shipped, what the hell is a group buy gonna do? .... wow...
        I would rather pay less money than more money any day. Kind of a no-brainer. :roll:

1988 325iC Project - FINISHED!
        Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=325iC+paint

Comment

Me too! If I can save five bones, I'm going to. GB!

Comment

Originally posted by NWMF
            is there a way to wire it to the hazards so the lights blink when you lock/unlock it
            ...i bought mine a while back and they did wire to the hazard light...also had a wire for the dome light and some other features but simply by not having to use the trunck to unlock was enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerboy12
              Originally posted by Spencer
              Group buy is a good idea.

-Spencer

I would rather pay less money than more money any day. Kind of a no-brainer. :roll:
              Thank you!

Comment

I'm down for a group buy if it happens

Comment

$30 isn't going to break the bank, i'm buying mine today.
                  Amber Fire Pearlcoat 2000 Dodge Dakota R/T
                  Schwarz 1991 BMW 535i [Daily Driver]
                  Dark Currant Pearl 1996 Acura Integra GS-R [For Sale]
                  Orientblau Metallic 1994 BMW 740i [Sold]
                  Alpinweiss 1987 BMW 325iS [Junked]

Comment

I bought one already, I'm just thinking if we can save a few members a couple of bucks why not. I emailed the guy and if he'll do it then I'll organize it, no skin off your back so what's the problem??

Not to mention it gets him associated with the group and maybe later he'll have something else to sale that's more expensive and he'll let us know about it first. These kind of relationships never hurt. :D

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                    1989 325iC M50 Vert
                    1989 325i Coupe
                    1991 318is
                    1995 318ti Club Sport
                    2006 330i e90
                    2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Geeze, did everyone here just buy one? There was like 8 listed, now there's only 2.
                      Amber Fire Pearlcoat 2000 Dodge Dakota R/T
                      Schwarz 1991 BMW 535i [Daily Driver]
                      Dark Currant Pearl 1996 Acura Integra GS-R [For Sale]
                      Orientblau Metallic 1994 BMW 740i [Sold]
                      Alpinweiss 1987 BMW 325iS [Junked]

Comment

I bid on one.... please no one outbid me.... that guy relist those things like crazy
                        Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                        FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                        NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                        Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                        ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

what you guys think of this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

from same seller, i think i am gonna pick one of those omega research ones for myself.
                          Luke
                          98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

Would it be entirely possible to wire the remote into a E46 key?

I have one lying around that was an extra E46 M3 key, and I would love to have the remote for this in the key itself.

Is it at all possible? What steps would it involve?

Longshot, but who knows...
                            Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Tecknik
                              Would it be entirely possible to wire the remote into a E46 key?

I have one lying around that was an extra E46 M3 key, and I would love to have the remote for this in the key itself.

Is it at all possible? What steps would it involve?

Longshot, but who knows...
                              I already checked out the internals of my remote. I wanted to transplant them into a flip key or something similar. From the looks of it it looks to be nearly impossible to fit. The battery is bigger than normal and the small circuitboard takes up the rest of the space in the plastic remote therefore making it too big to squeeze into a flip key.

Also that crimestopper system has remotes that look very cheesy IMO. I talked to a guy at a local "install shop" and he says that all the keyless have mostly the same internals just different names to yeild a better profit. For example Viper, Python, Crimestopper are all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeCDoos
                                I already checked out the internals of my remote. I wanted to transplant them into a flip key or something similar. From the looks of it it looks to be nearly impossible to fit. The battery is bigger than normal and the small circuitboard takes up the rest of the space in the plastic remote therefore making it too big to squeeze into a flip key.
                                Wow I'm not even talking about the flip key but the smaller internal one on E46's...

That one. Must be a bigass battery.
                                Reminiscing...

Comment

Working...
                                X