help me get a cd43 in my e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me get a cd43 in my e30

I want a CD43 business cd player in my e30. it has the premimium sound package, so there is a silly amplifier in the trunk. also, i believe my car is wired with a common ground.

so, assumining a pick up a good working cd43, what is the easiest and best way to plug it into my car? do i have to rewire the thing? should i? do i have to bypass the stock trunk amp?

any help finding a cd43 would also be appreciated.
    90 E30 325i

Make sure you check craigslist, A LOT! And ebay is always good. The longer you wait for one the better the deal you will get. I found one in PA with no pig tails for $100. The guy was selling it because it was sitting around, he got rid of it because he wanted more power not because it broke even!

I'm terrible with car electronics and would love to know some more stuff as well.

Comment

Originally posted by guibo09 View Post
      I want a CD43 business cd player in my e30. it has the premimium sound package, so there is a silly amplifier in the trunk. also, i believe my car is wired with a common ground.

so, assumining a pick up a good working cd43, what is the easiest and best way to plug it into my car? do i have to rewire the thing? should i? do i have to bypass the stock trunk amp?

any help finding a cd43 would also be appreciated.
      Any tips on the install of a CD43 in an E30 with premium sound?

I bought the appropriate BMW adapter - 65 12 8 350 192.

Comment

I know the Cd43 isnt a high output HU. You will need an amp most likely. I herd there was a handful of High output HU out of a 318ti. I used an aftermarket amp with new wiring and it sounds fantastic for 20 year old speakers. Im not so sure with the factory amp. There is a thread around here that will help you. i read it multiple times.

Oh and i grabbed a pigtail out of a e34 and wired it into my car. The e30 head unit wiring is way different.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
        X