Help with front Premium sound wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with front Premium sound wiring

So at the end of last year I went from my aftermarket system back to a completely stock Premium sound system with a CM5908. I love the stock look (I did add a sub to round it out).

That being said I put it together quickly and I am not sure if my front speakers are wired right. I did it pretty quick at the end of the year to get it going before I put the car away.

I have the diagram but the problem is its hard to tell from the pics which speakers wires go from the car to which side of the mid speaker and then up to the tweeter (doesnt help that the original wiring was a bit mess).

Since I bought brand new premium speakers there was not existing setup to look at.

Here is what the back of my speaker looks like.

Does someone have a pic of the backside of their mid showing the wiring, or could take the pic of mine and draw how it is wired?

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

The wiring goes across the mid. The tweeter positive is after the crossover.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post

The wiring goes across the mid. The tweeter positive is after the crossover.
      Thanks, those are the rears, I am assuming the front is the same.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

They are wired the same way. It's easier to see how the tweeters are wired in since they are right there vs in the door.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
        X