Issues with battery drain and draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
    50ma does not sound right, I cannot say I am 100% confident that he ran the current draw test properly or that another circuit that is associated with the SI board is draining it, such as the OBC or the check panel system. There is no large drain to worry about after we refurbish the SI board.
    When I disconnected the instrument panel, the amperage was 30mA lower.
    When I disconnected the clock, the dong, the check panel, the difference was 2mA or so.

I think it's a good idea to cut the wire that goes from the fuse 21 to the instrument panel and install a switch between the wires.
    If a battery switch is installed, nothing will work. This switch may cause the depletion of the SI batteries, but the main battery will stay intact for months.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post

When I disconnected the instrument panel, the amperage was 30mA lower.
      When I disconnected the clock, the dong, the check panel, the difference was 2mA or so.

I think it's a good idea to cut the wire that goes from the fuse 21 to the instrument panel and install a switch between the wires.
      If a battery switch is installed, nothing will work. This switch may cause the depletion of the SI batteries, but the main battery will stay intact for months.
      30ma sounds about right.

If the SI board is properly refurbished, it will not drain the starting battery. I have about several thousand customers that do not report battery drains with our SI boards and clusters including the four E30's we have. If you remove only the LED checkpanel, that will probably eliminate most of the drain on a failing SI board.
      Owner - Bavarian Restoration
      BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
      www.BavRest.com
      My Feedback Thread
      Our Facebook!
      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Working...
      X