Right turn signal solid and not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right turn signal solid and not working

When my lights are off my turns signals work perfectly. When I turn my parking lights or headlights on, my right turn signal stays solid on the dash and it won't work at all. When outside the car the rear right blinker stays solid. Left works perfectly with lights on. So only the right side.

Tested and swapped all bulbs from one side to the other to see if the front blinker assembly was the problem or the parking lights and swapped bulbs already and no change.

would love some help/advice on what to do.

Here's the full diagram which concerns the turn signals. The blinking is controlled by the flasher module (in the steering column, makes the clicking noise), and the only way that I can see you ending up with a one-sided issue like this is if there is an issue with the bulbs on one side, or the turn stalk itself. I know that if there is too little current (burned out bulb) it will flash fast, so I am not sure if it will stick on if there is "too much" current, but I'd guess that maybe there is a short somewhere. Anyway, the diagram should at least give you an idea of what's what.

(full size image in link)

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Working...
    X