Central locking wire cut drivers side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central locking wire cut drivers side

My diver side door lock is not functioning. After some digging, I popped off the driver side speaker and found that the #3 and #15 pin connector wires were cut. After digging on the internet and the Bentley manual, it seems I need to run these wires to the 27 fuse and the other to the central locking system. Anybody had this experience?
    Attached Files

Pic of the pins which were cut. Driver side door only opens from trunk.
    Attached Files

Comment

I found this.

Although there are a multitude of reasons why your central locking may not be working (Microswitches, actuators, fuses, previous owners attempts) there are two major flaws in the design of the E30 central locking system that often fail and contribute to 80%+ of the central locking problems people experience. The first is the internal fuse

I'm the third owner so I think someone has been there before me. Still doesn’t explain the driver’s side door not opening.

Comment

Are they just cut, and can be spliced back on to the rest of the wires, or were the rest of the wires completely removed?

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
          Are they just cut, and can be spliced back on to the rest of the wires, or were the rest of the wires completely removed?
          I think someone cut and spliced, eliminating the redundant wire going to the door. The link https://www.rtsauto.com/two-of-most-...w-to-fix-them/ shows how to do it. It has been done but I think the actuator is broken. I pulled the door panel and did the trick where I removed the battery cable and then reattached it to the battery and the actuator didn't make a clicking noise as it should as directed in the Haynes manual. This leads me to believe the actuator is shot. But the trunk is the only way I can open the driver's door and the actuator still works but just from the trunk.

Comment

Working...
          X