Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK guys, last part is up. Look up a few posts, i populated the spots i reserved.

Comment

wow

Comment

thanks for posting all of this. I will be doing my top late next week. All the parts are here, and I must say that for the money, the top that you got (I got the same one) it is absolutely gorgeous, the pics dont do it a bit of justice. If my install goes half as good as yours, I will be very happy with how it turns out.

and a few pics of mine installed. used the same process and parts as the OP. not that bad of a job, just detail oriented...

Last edited by scottinAZ; 04-02-2012, 11:12 PM.
        I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Looks great! Seems like they have great consistency in their fit.

Comment

Awesome Write up!! Looks like a lot of helpful detail.Thanks for sharing:up:

Comment

Man am I glad to see this. have gone through the 3 bmw top videos and the shareaproject site, but this is by far the best writeup I've seen. THANK YOU for taking the time and effort to document your work.

The only other question I have is around comparing the various tops, material etc. I have no doubt the op chose well, but I would like to understand more about the german fabric, sewn vs zippered rear window etc.

** PLEASE STICKY **
              I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
              DB vert plastic bumpers
              OEM Keys
              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
              91 ic Calypso 3.1
              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
              TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
              e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

All the images are gone ??????
                '89 lachssilber vert - Frau Blücher
                '84 alpine 2dr - gone to the great beyond...
                '00 titanium 4dr e46 - bricked

Comment

All your pics are gone?

Comment

Sorry for the picture issues guys. Photobucket wants money I guess. I have posted a direct link to the album with the pictures in the first post. You can either look at all the pics there or you can go through the thread and right click the picture links that say "Look whose popular" and do a copy and paste it to you browser address bar. I had a few thousands of pics in my album and photobucket started this "you have exceeded your bandwidth" crap and even though I have deleted most of the pics it still does it so they are just trying to extort money at this point. I just don't have the time to find another pic hosting site and redo the thread right now. I will at some point. Pics are there it's just a bit more work now. Sorry.

Here is the link to the album again.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                    Last edited by BadCab; 09-29-2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadCab View Post
                      Sorry for the picture issues guys. Photobucket wants money I guess.
                      Photobucket is beyond lame. Can't tell you how many times I've seen missing photobucket pics. I also have download problems with the picture size when I occasionally save a pic.

Plenty of free picture storage solutions out there including dropbox.
                      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Thanks for the direct link - these pics and writeup are SO helpful.

Comment

yeah gonna do mine soon for winter. What glue to use if can't get DAP stuff
                          Last edited by Thizzelle; 10-01-2013, 03:29 PM.
                          "I wanna see da boat movie"
                          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

I used 3M headliner adhesive (spray) on the cloth that wraps the bars as mine had come apart. worked ok so far, but really messy and no fun spraying upside down, wear eye protection and definitely use a drop cloth to protect the interior.

Comment

pics are all in order right? I'm trying to replace mine next month.

Comment

Pics in this thread are working right now. If you view the photobucket album make sure you sort by picture name and they should be in order.....mostly. I think a couple may be out of order but not very far out of order.

Comment

Working...
                                X