The Definitive 1991 M-Technic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting a Registry

I'd love to see a registry for the Mtech cars ... I'd even be willing to compile some data if you guys are up for it! If you send your data ... ie: VIN, build date, color, drivetrain, mods, pics, etc. I'd be willing to start a spreadsheet that people can add their stuff to ...

Thanks, Droptop

You can email to me your info at A70droptop@aol.com

Comment

I have a complete anomaly for an MTECH II and I would really love more info on it, its a 91' MTECH II Vert with the MTECH Fabric interior, Automatic and Diamantschwartz. Currently sits in its completely original form. Ive been piecing parts for the past year for a full build given the fact I will never be selling this car.

Any additional info I could get would be awesome! If any of you are serious about a registry ill send all my info as well!

Comment

Originally posted by leRodrigoCruz View Post
        I have a complete anomaly for an MTECH II and I would really love more info on it, its a 91' MTECH II Vert with the MTECH Fabric interior, Automatic and Diamantschwartz. Currently sits in its completely original form. Ive been piecing parts for the past year for a full build given the fact I will never be selling this car.

Any additional info I could get would be awesome! If any of you are serious about a registry ill send all my info as well!

post up some pictures, sounds like somebody added the mtech fabric seats to an appearance package car, do you know if the seats are real and when they were added?
        Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
        Bimmerbuddies LLC
        717-388-1256
        2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
        bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Another anomoly?

A few months back there was a diamond black 318 vert with the full m tech II sport evo cloth and leather interior for sale on BMWCCA. Woman that listed it talked like she bought it that way new ...
          Had the full body kit minus rear spoiler too!
          Last edited by a70droptop; 05-21-2015, 12:37 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Originally posted by leRodrigoCruz View Post

Sounds like WildRide's old car. Did you get it from San Diego, CA? As far as I know, it's an anomoly. Probably ordered that way by the original owner. It's a special car and sounds like it's in good hands. What parts are you piecing together for it? As I recall, it was pretty well-sorted.

My sterling silver mtech vert is another anomoly. It should have had the mtech cloth as it's an original, full mtech vert, but the PO must have wanted all black leather. So, in addition to the standard mtech leather pieces, it has black leather door panels with black leather inserts, and all black leather seats. The rears seats have the mtech/m3 shaped bolsters and stitching. More info on mine below.

sigpic
            January 2012 COTM

Comment

Just want to add that all M Tech II cars, appearance and full, have an M3 style rear seat.
              Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
              A Topless Memorandum

Comment

In another thread, SickFinga provided these production numbers...

S770A - Appearance Package

1991 model year
                Automatic

White/white - 75 US only
                Black/black - 75 US only

1992 model year
                Manual

White/white - 131 US + 12 Canada
                Black/black - 7 Canada only

Automatic

White/white - 383 US + 19 Canada
                Black/black - 8 Canada only

S771A - M Technic Luxury

Manual

Brilliant Red (308) - 14
                Macao Blue Metallic (250) - 8
                Sterling Silver Metallic (244) -18

Automatic

Brilliant Red (308) - 43
                Macao Blue Metallic (250) - 30
                Sterling Silver Metallic (244) -37
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Rodrigo bought my car and shipped it cross country to Flordia. I purchased it from the second owner who bought it pre-owned in 1993 at a Infiniti dealer in San Fransisco. They described the interior as "its got a Funny cloth interior" so it was confirmed in the car by 1993. It has the full leather/cloth door cards etc. I miss that car dearly, so clean Rodrigo is taking excellent care of it.

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                  Sounds like WildRide's old car. Did you get it from San Diego, CA? As far as I know, it's an anomoly. Probably ordered that way by the original owner. It's a special car and sounds like it's in good hands. What parts are you piecing together for it? As I recall, it was pretty well-sorted.

My sterling silver mtech vert is another anomoly. It should have had the mtech cloth as it's an original, full mtech vert, but the PO must have wanted all black leather. So, in addition to the standard mtech leather pieces, it has black leather door panels with black leather inserts, and all black leather seats. The rears seats have the mtech/m3 shaped bolsters and stitching. More info on mine below.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=180489

Comment

Did the appearance package include zip in window on all models?

Comment

I still have an original top and it's not a zip in

'08 E90 328i Sport '04 E53 3.0 '02 E46 325i Sport '91 E30 325ic M-Technic

Comment

The original top on my 5/91 771 M Tech came with a zip in window.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I'm readying my Sterling Silver M-technic convertible for the Socal Vintage meet. Can someone confirm fitment for the front grill M-technic badge. I switched to euro grills and it seems I'll need to do some modifying to fit the badge, so I want to get it right the first time.

Also, in 1991, did M-technics come with the anatomical shift knob or the mushroom aka doorknob shift knob?
                          sigpic
                          January 2012 COTM

Comment

Does anyone have a lead to a vendor that has convertible zipper window tops?

Comment

Hey, is there a newer one of these threads somewhere? I remember seeing a list of owners with vins and such. Cant find it now.I bought one a few weeks ago!

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
                                Does anyone have a lead to a vendor that has convertible zipper window tops?
                                Better late than never....but emiata.com has them. They were local to me when I lived in Charlotte so I picked one up and am very pleased with it.
                                Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                                Alice the Time Capsule
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Working...
                                X