Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
    um no. not side skirts
    I think what he's referencing are the later "iS" side skirts which never came standard on an iS but were available as part of the effectively-iS "sport package" available after the iS name was retired.

OP, ask for a discount because the car isn't a real iS and you don't trust him now
    Last edited by ELVA164; 04-09-2015, 02:53 PM.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
      I think what he's referencing are the later "iS" side skirts which never came standard on an iS but were available as part of the effectively-iS "sport package" available after the iS name was retired.

OP, all for a discount because the car isn't a real iS and you don't trust him now

No not for a discount at all I was just curious.

Comment

Looks to me like the trunk is from an is. That trunk is not original to that car in all likelihood. I would ask the owner for pics of Vin stickers as he may not even realize it's not an iS car. I may be selling my cabbie soon if your interested. Its alpine and auto, but very original and it's a 92...so plastic bumpers and it only has 88k miles. PM me if interested.

Also vert seats are not the same sport seats as the ones you would find in an iS car, they are the seats shared with the m3, different horizontal stitching.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasteddie222 View Post
          No not for a discount at all I was just curious.
          Whoops, meant to say "ask." Phones, man.
          Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post

Also vert seats are not the same sport seats as the ones you would find in an iS car, they are the seats shared with the m3, different horizontal stitching.
          I mean, yeah, but they're still the same seats.
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

^ The differences being the stitching, release handles, and you can't recline the cabrio seats as far because the vert side panels end up being in the way. But I've seen 318iC cloth seats with the vertical switching pattern.

But most cabrio leather is sun baked and cracked by now so the seats are probably not original if they look nice

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
              Looks to me like the trunk is from an is. That trunk is not original to that car in all likelihood. I would ask the owner for pics of Vin stickers as he may not even realize it's not an iS car. I may be selling my cabbie soon if your interested. Its alpine and auto, but very original and it's a 92...so plastic bumpers and it only has 88k miles. PM me if interested.

That was my guess also since I didn't see the 3rd brake light on the trunk like most convertibles have.

Comment

Working...
              X