X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a70droptop
    replied
    here's mine ...

I have a 1991 771A car in Sterling Silver originally with auto now converted. Upholstery had been replaced when I got it but now waiting for a Kevin Chinn kit with correct fabric, originally had evo cloth. Redid the cracked dash with leather cover. New set of Euro Weaves replaced the Fittipaldi's it came with. Going to install a M Tech 2 rear spoiler on a w/o brake light decklid and transfer the trunk lid liner to the new lid. Low miles and runs great ... My wife has an 11 Miata Touring and I can't get her out of the M Tech ... ;)

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    Sorry, I couldn't remember who posted it first. Anyway, Sickfinga is saying the number of appearance package is actually much lower at around 710 and the print out is incorrect. Perhaps it was just a projection. Sure seems like there's a lot more than that but who knows.

S770A - Appearance Package

1991 model year
    Automatic

White/white - 75 US only
    Black/black - 75 US only

1992 model year
    Manual

White/white - 131 US + 12 Canada
    Black/black - 7 Canada only

Automatic

White/white - 383 US + 19 Canada
    Black/black - 8 Canada only

S771A - M Technic Luxury

Manual

Brilliant Red (30 - 14
    Macao Blue Metallic (250) - 8
    Sterling Silver Metallic (244) -18

Automatic

Brilliant Red (30 - 43
    Macao Blue Metallic (250) - 30
    Sterling Silver Metallic (244) -37

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
    The true numbers were covered in another thread after KIRIEIW found what appears to be literature that came with one of the cars. 150 - 771 M techs and 1170 - 770 appearance package (alpineweiss/schwarze) M techs.
    Fixed. Also I noticed the link for the pic you posted went bad so I'll post the one I have uploaded on Flickr.

BMW Mtech Paper Production Numbers by Kevin O'Brien, on Flickr
    Last edited by KIRIEIW; 06-05-2016, 11:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mr2peak
    replied
    Very nice car

Leave a comment:

• cat97628
    replied
    Great job on this registry. I have been trying to get more info since I bought mine in 2007 including contacting BMWCCA historical which had no info on them at the time.

As far as mine goes 3rd owner originally from California but lived most of its life in Las Vegas. Purchased from the BMWCCA Sin City chapter president off ebay in 2007 and now lives its pampered life outside of Chicago. Only drive her a couple hundred miles each year when the weather is perfect.

VIN EC26693 4/91 prod date
    DiamantSchwarz with black leather bone stock 165k miles original paint and top. auto. needs new leather, dash, and tension straps. power top works put has been disconnected due to the straps being shot

Last edited by cat97628; 02-01-2016, 08:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• spare
    replied
    Just found this thread... according to what I read my car is one of the 8 automatic cars in 1992.

Canadian car originally sold in London, Ontario. Now resides in Toronto.

770 Code
    Black/Black
    Automatic
    EC29509
    Production 04/92

Will be swapping to manual over the winter. I was able to find an original Getrag 260 from another 1992 325ic (EC06357) for the swap.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spare; 05-31-2017, 08:02 AM. Reason: Added picture

Leave a comment:

• mr2peak
    replied
    $15k without a sweat. I bet it gets closer to 20k.

Too bad the grill is blacked out. Easy fix.

Leave a comment:

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    That's easily a $15k car, I'll be watching it to see where it ends.

Leave a comment:

• mr2peak
    replied
    Red '91 MTech on ebay. $8k, 5 bidders and it hasn't hit reserve. 6 days left.

It's also a manual :)
    Last edited by mr2peak; 12-11-2015, 07:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Todd Black 88
    replied
    Sadly, it does a bit.

Leave a comment:

• mr2peak
    replied
    Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
    Well shit! Another reason I never should have sold that car. It was the last one produced!.

F$&k me
    Actually yours was the 2nd to last one produced, there are a few vins in the series that don't belong to mtech cars. Hope that makes you feel better.

Leave a comment:

• mr2peak
    replied
    Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
    Well shit! Another reason I never should have sold that car. It was the last one produced!.

F$&k me
    Ouch! (Go get it back before he sees this)!

I'm debating running a carfax on the black manual vin's (because I have a complete list). I'm really wondering how many are left.. Same goes for all the S771A cars. Is there a full vin list for them somewhere?

If anyone wants to chip in on an unlimited carfax (JUST FOR MTECH RESEARCH, NOT A FREE-FOR-ALL CARFAX) please PM me. I've gathered a rather substantial (but far from comlete) list of Vin's and I want to truly see what's still out there.

Leave a comment:

• Todd Black 88
    replied

F$&k me

Leave a comment:

• mr2peak
    replied
    EC06138 was the first black manual S770A car, mine second, yours last.

I just ran a ton of Vin's, and yes, they are mostly grouped together. That sheet is correct as far as I can tell. I now have a list of all the manual S770A VIN's! It checks out with what people have posted so far. I'd like to see which ones are still on the road, maybe a day and unlimited CarFax?

Also, that list is awesome, because it means my manual MTech is the rarest of north american MTechs :)
    Last edited by mr2peak; 09-12-2015, 10:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Todd Black 88
    replied
    That would mean yours was the first, mine the last? If they did all in a row........doubt it though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X