Seat Belt Flutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Belt Flutter

I have a new to me 92 vert and noticed something...at speeds over 40 the seat belt begins to flutter over my shoulder and it gets really annoying. I tried one of those sheepskin comfort covers and it solved the problem but it prevents the seatbelt from retracting. Anyone have any creative ideas to solve this?
    Cheers,
    Paul

I place my left arm on the door and rest my hand on the middle part of the triangle glass. It stops it for me. But yeah, annoying.
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I take it this only happens with the top down ��

Try a Racelands wind deflector
      Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
      Alice the Time Capsule
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
      87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

No, it also happens with the top up and the windows down (of course). Maybe I can try fiddling with the rear window position...

Comment

Raise front window up 3-4 inches and it will stop.
          1992 325i Cabrio
          1988 320i Touring
          2000 M5
          1977 530i
          2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
          BMWCCA
          E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
            Raise front window up 3-4 inches and it will stop.
            This^

You can also put a half twist in the shoulder belt. All of these are in my arsenal now.
            Originally posted by Andy.B
            Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
            1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
            ~~~~~~~~~~
            I was born on 3/25…
            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I put on one of those seat belt neck pad things. The flutter doesn't bother me much after that.
              Current: 2011 M3
              Retired: 1986 325e, 1991 318i, 1991 325ic, 1992 325ic, 1998 528i, 2002 325xiT, 2003 530i, 2005 325xiT, 2008 335i

Comment

I tried raising the window 3 inches today...it worked! The neck pad works too but prevents the seat belt from retracting.

Comment

Even raising the window ~1" will help a ton. Easy.

Comment

Yes, I've been playing around with window heights, and an inch works pretty well.

Comment

Mine still flutters a bit, but tightening the return spring has helped. When it's fluttering I pull the belt tighter across my belly and the retractor holds it pretty well. Here's a DIY I did about snugging up the spring:

Comment

Working...
                      X