E30 vert top. Tan or black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 vert top. Tan or black

I think the choice is obvious black but has anyone regretted changing their tan top to back.
    87 white with tan interior.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I regretted changing my tan interior to black.

I'm trying to remember if I had a tan top, but that was over 20 years ago. I did try to find one before settling for a black one. I think tan is a classier or more luxurious color, but I also have royal blue paint.
    Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

I love my tan interior that I restored. I considered changing to black and reading your post makes me feel even better.

My top isn't is terrible shape but the front seal is leaking, back window is a little foggy and the tension straps need to be replaced. So I should probably just do the full job.

I am thinking black but don't want to regret it.

Comment

Last edited by AngeloF10; 09-05-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

i personally prefer black. a few years ago, i found a perfect(as in new) top on a car in the junk yard. i picked it up-frame and all for a song. i just couldn't bring myself to put in on my white car. i ended up selling it on craigslist. i purchased a black folding top (new-no frame) but it is still sitting in my shed because i have not gotten off my duff to install it.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I prefer contrast myself. My zinnoberot Cabrio came with a tan top but since it was rotted to hell I replaced it with a black one.
            Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
            Alice the Time Capsule
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
            87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

I remember my original color now, I had a blue top.

My hardtop is black. If I paint it, I'll color match it.

Sometimes I can't decide which is better between black or tan, so I mix the tan seats with black bolsters.

I don't dislike the black, it's just that I now live in the desert and temps hit 120F in the summer and stay 80-90 through "winter."

I still think tan is a classier or more luxury color, in general, with the right exterior color.
              Both look good, the best soft top is folded down anyway ;)
              Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Not helpful but I like my dark blue top on my Royal blau car. I can't imagine another color on my car but I'm fortunate that its rarely up.

I think that tan top looks good on your car with those rims and all.
                Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

I had a boston green e36 vert with a matching green top, which I always thought was pretty cool. Now the delphin has a black top.

Black is the de facto color for convertible tops, which is why I would keep the tan, if you can keep it clean. Drive your car around for a bit and take a look at it as you come out from the store. See if it's something that gels for you

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Changed the top on my brilliant red vert from black to tan. Matches the natural interior and doesn't bake in the summer sun. Love it. Will replace it with another tan top, when the time comes.
                    1992 325i Cabrio
                    1988 320i Touring
                    2000 M5
                    1977 530i
                    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                    BMWCCA
                    E30CCA

Comment

I also swapped out to a tan top and love it

Comment

I ran into this when I replaced my top. But decided since black was the original color, i'll just keep it black.

1992 BMW 325iC
                        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I thought black would be the obvious choice but I am really feeling the tan. Glad I posted this up. I thought I was alone.

Comment

Personally like black but it really depends on the paint color. I think if your car is out in the sun for periods of time or doesnt have working A/C, the lighter color might be preferred.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Anyone own a Laguna Green vert with a tan top? It would be good to see a picture of one. I will have to replace my top soon and will have that option.

Comment

Working...
                              X