Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermarket top with zip in rear window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brief update - I needed up buying the 54348134876 OEM top for big $$$ last year.. and it did NOT come with the zip out window. The other part number 54341468010 was NLA.

Info and pics of the OEM top here

I suppose the only way to get one of those now is to find a good condition original canvas and frame and take good care of it. my EM top has some small holes unfortunately from the electric top mechanism rubbing on the canvas.. there's supposed to be a cover over the main top motor, sleeve over the tonneau lid attachment rod and caps on the tonneau trim clips to prevent this. But lack of maintenance...

I haven't given up on finding a new OEM top with the original EM top specs though. Gonna check with BMW Classic and see if I can convince them to take the top I bought back.
    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
    DB vert plastic bumpers
    OEM Keys
    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
    91 ic Calypso 3.1
    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
      brief update - I needed up buying the 54348134876 OEM top for big $$$ last year.. and it did NOT come with the zip out window. The other part number 54341468010 was NLA.

Info and pics of the OEM top here

I suppose the only way to get one of those now is to find a good condition original canvas and frame and take good care of it. my EM top has some small holes unfortunately from the electric top mechanism rubbing on the canvas.. there's supposed to be a cover over the main top motor, sleeve over the tonneau lid attachment rod and caps on the tonneau trim clips to prevent this. But lack of maintenance...

I haven't given up on finding a new OEM top with the original EM top specs though. Gonna check with BMW Classic and see if I can convince them to take the top I bought back.
      Are you saying the canvas is different for an electric top ?
      Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
      Alice the Time Capsule
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
      87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

There's only a single top canvas now, 54348134876.

The manual and electric tops originally had differences - the electric top canvas had an extra bow. There were also versions with the zip out window, but you can't get them anymore. pics of the manual and electric top differences here
        Last edited by bradnic; 07-08-2018, 07:31 PM.
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Working...
        X