X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E30AWDAZ View Post
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=187543

My car is the Black vert on the first page.
    No install issues at all these things are great. Already put 2000 miles on them and they still seem new. Ride quality is smooth, But stiffer than stock so you can still feel some of the bumps in the road. The springs aren't racecar stiff or anything so when you do turn hard it gets a lil bouncy not too bad though

Overall If I had the chance I would by them again :)
    Thank you. You DD the set up then? Mine is to be a nice weather car. Here and there, third car position.

Comment

Originally posted by E30AWDAZ View Post
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=187543

My car is the Black vert on the first page.
      No install issues at all these things are great. Already put 2000 miles on them and they still seem new. Ride quality is smooth, But stiffer than stock so you can still feel some of the bumps in the road. The springs aren't racecar stiff or anything so when you do turn hard it gets a lil bouncy not too bad though

Overall If I had the chance I would by them again :)
      This was with the convertible-specific springs, correct?

Comment

Yes convertible specific. I drive my car everywhere so yes it's daily driven Heres a recent picture of it now... Coilovers threaded all the way down

Comment

Alright that settles it, I'm getting this kit :)

Comment

I've decided I don't like the stiffness of coilovers on my vert. A lot of flexing and stress going on with 400/650 race springs. Thinking of swapping the coilovers onto my M3 and running the M3 setup (H&R Race/Bilstein sports or Koni SA's) on the vert. I know a few of you are running this setup...what do you think?
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Jom? ^

Comment

GC's
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

Okay, H&R Race and Bilstein sports swapped over to the vert. It's exactly what I was looking for. I may run an extra spring pad in the rear for more rake. Overall, it's a great setup. One thing to note: There are several different Koni SA's for the E30, sedan and vert are different as well. Bilstein sports are designated for all E30's with 51mm struts.

Comment

ok so after reading this entire thread....twice.

reading some e30 tech stuff and bimmerforum stuff....

The H&R plus Billie setup was for me....but after seeing soooo many pictures of the front wells having a good gap on the tires...I just didn't like the look...

Then I saw someone in this thread running m3 springs, on billie sports, cab specific.....fporro post #102 to be specific...as well as Wishno87 post #107...It seems to drop the front a bit more and looks more even

Would I experience any rear rake when on the throttle because of the m3 springs not being made for the extra weight?

Also...M3 springs+ billie sports seem like a better option instead of the H&R+billie sports...price wise...

How bad of a negative camber would I be seeing with that setup? and besides changing my entire setup whats the best cheap solution to offset the -camber back to stock..so I dont wear out my tires...

I have the cash to buy a suspension setup as mine are pretty worn, I think they are stock at the moment...just its an important decision imo.....

Planning on making a decision in the next week or so, and an entire bushing refresh......I've finally read what I need to know, just need some direction now

Comment

So what are you looking for? Low? Handling?

Comment

Originally posted by CabrioPunk View Post
                        So what are you looking for? Low? Handling?

well I'm looking at the H&R-Billie Sports combo for the mix of handling, drop, and comfort.....nothing too drastic as negative camber is not something I'm interested in....

but I just don;t like the front ends stance on the h&rs compared to the bavauto springs or the m3 springs..

Ride comfort is my main priority, the drop is a given, but I'm not going for coils^ because I'm not made of money.

plus I'm willing to spend the extra dime on an entire bushing refesh since I feel like babying the car

Comment

Personally I would go straight for H&R Race or IE3 race springs. The other springs will lower the cabby (cabs are low in the back anyway) but are no where stiff enough. The rake problem is solved by removing the front spring pads and adding an extra spring pad in the rear. Stance is PERFECT on a cabby. I'll post pics later.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                            Personally I would go straight for H&R Race or IE3 race springs. The other springs will lower the cabby (cabs are low in the back anyway) but are no where stiff enough. The rake problem is solved by removing the front spring pads and adding an extra spring pad in the rear. Stance is PERFECT on a cabby. I'll post pics later.

My understanding is the race springs are super stiff? and if you get the cabbie specific springs you don't have to worry about the softness...I was kind of turned off of the hr races because of the ultra stiffness

Comment

Originally posted by BergerNJ View Post
                              My understanding is the race springs are super stiff? and if you get the cabbie specific springs you don't have to worry about the softness...I was kind of turned off of the hr races because of the ultra stiffness
                              They are progressive rate upto 310lbs front and upto 580lbs in the rear. The cabby sports will be stiffer than regular but only because of the verts added weight. They will still be on the "soft" side. H&R Races are perfectly streetable. If you think they will be too stiff, go with the sports.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                                They are progressive rate upto 310lbs front and upto 580lbs in the rear. The cabby sports will be stiffer than regular but only because of the verts added weight. They will still be on the "soft" side. H&R Races are perfectly streetable. If you think they will be too stiff, go with the sports.

So did you switch to the H&r race? and Billie..Lets see some pics lol..I'm actually curious....if you feel the races are daily drivable without noticing them in there then I may just go with them.

I just hate the bouncy, air ride feel I have now with what I think is the stock setup. I'm pulling all the wheels off tomorrow to inspect everything including brakes. So if you say the sports are kinda on the soft side I may not like them.

Comment

Working...
                                X