• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beybedba View Post
    nicely done
    Thanks!
    Glacier blue metallic 1991 325ic

Comment

Hi Guys, new here just picked up a 1988 vert for the summer. A few questions. In my opinion the best looking stance is this one from Barry:

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
      Is this car on H&R race and billy's? Any pads added or removed or drop hats installed? Most Cabrios I've seen on here have that reverse rake look that I hate. This car still has a tiny bit but seems to have minimized that quite a bit.

The other car with the perfect stance is the light blue car running coupe H&R sports and 15mm drop hats belonging to N2MYE30. Are the drop hats installed on all 4 corners or just the front?

Thanks
      sigpic

Comment

hats

Drop hats are only on the front

Comment

I'm not sure about the suspension setup in that car in particular, but those are definitely 15" "euroweave" wheels. So it's possible the overall tire diameter is different than stock. Also, drop hats are only for front applications on e30s.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
            I'm not sure about the suspension setup in that car in particular, but those are definitely 15" "euroweave" wheels. So it's possible the overall tire diameter is different than stock. Also, drop hats are only for front applications on e30s.
            Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be going with Coupe sport springs and e90 drop hats. The Race springs with drop hats seems a little too low. From what I understand the coupe H&R sports lower the car a little more than the cabrio specific but not as much as the race. Any downside to running the coupe springs on the cabrio?
            sigpic

Comment

None at all. Personally I vastly prefer them to the cabrio-specific springs which ride much higher and stiffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                I'll just drop this info here:
                Anybody Running the STspeedtech and KYB combo from ECS?

Also if anyone has pics of H&R race with E90 hats on the vert please share. thx
                sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone, first post on r3vlimited. I'm a fairly new owner of a 1992 318i Vert.

Right now the suspension is completely stock, and it has about 152,000 miles on it.

I've been reading through this thread trying to figure what I should do, but there are so many different opinions I can't wrap my head around it.

Since this car is my (enthusiastic) daily driver, I want something that will be comfortable yet decent performance-wise. I'm thinking Bilstein Sports and the H&R Cabrio springs, but I've lately been reading in this thread that they're not very good. Also, those springs are for the 325, not the 318. :/

Also, what other components should I work on considering everything is completely stock? (Control arms, bushings, etc, etc?)

Basically, I'm pretty lost and I could use some opinions. Thanks everyone.

Edit: I'm also considering that the roads around Maryland tend to have potholes and what-not. The M42 engine has a low oil-pan that I don't want to hit.

Comment

Get regular H&R 325i springs, the convertible ones are shit

Comment

GE coils : 450f/650r
                      2 inch cut housings
                      KYB MR2 AGX rears
                      factory bushings everywhere

i LOVE the ride quality. if any of you are thinking about going low this is IMHO the best setup. maybe a stiffer spring rate but for DD this is beautiful.

m20b25
                      '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                      '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
                      Is that thing on air?

Comment

Oh those SoCal highway shots, 101 right ?

Comment

So, when others are claiming to have used e36 M3 springs are they just referring to stock?

Wanting a set of bilstein sports and I have on hand a free front pair of e36 M3 stock springs. Will that combo work? Or would I need to do Billy HD's with those.

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
                            Oh those SoCal highway shots, 101 right ?
                            Yes sir. You know dis
                            '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                            '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Is that thing on air?

Comment

Originally posted by capitoljake13 View Post
                              So, when others are claiming to have used e36 M3 springs are they just referring to stock?

Wanting a set of bilstein sports and I have on hand a free front pair of e36 M3 stock springs. Will that combo work? Or would I need to do Billy HD's with those.
                              I have a set of bilstiens if you are interested. Shoot me a PM. as far as the e36 springs go, I have no idea. Not sure if the ID is the same.
                              '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                              '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Is that thing on air?

Comment

Originally posted by ToPLeSS(e30)FeinD View Post
                                Shoot me a PM
                                PM'd

Comment

Working...
                                X