Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those of you who installed the H&R Sports/Bilstein combo, did you need Front and Rear camber plates/kits also? I'm going to go this route, but feel even now at stock height, my wheels already have a bit of negative camber.

Comment

You shouldn't need camber kits if you're going with H&R/Bilstiens, the lowering isn't so severe that you're going to cause undue tire wear.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
        You shouldn't need camber kits if you're going with H&R/Bilstiens, the lowering isn't so severe that you're going to cause undue tire wear.
        Ok great, thanks for the response.

Comment

Any Cabrios out there with the H&R OE Sport Springs?

Comment

Trying to find springs for my '91 318i is making my head spin. I want to go with the tried and true Billy B8's and H&R Sports.
            From what I understand I'll need cabrio specific springs in the rear for the extra weight of the vert, but I don't want to get the 325 cabrio springs since the M42 is significantly lighter than the M20. So what do I do? I can't find any shops selling H&R fronts and rears separate.
            Does the weight difference between the M42 and the M20 matter much or am I just being extra picky?

Comment

Originally posted by jhippy View Post
              Trying to find springs for my '91 318i is making my head spin. I want to go with the tried and true Billy B8's and H&R Sports.
              From what I understand I'll need cabrio specific springs in the rear for the extra weight of the vert, but I don't want to get the 325 cabrio springs since the M42 is significantly lighter than the M20. So what do I do? I can't find any shops selling H&R fronts and rears separate.
              Does the weight difference between the M42 and the M20 matter much or am I just being extra picky?
              It’s the rear springs that are different. With the extra weight in the rear battery section and the soft top/mechanics towards the rear.

Comment

H&R Race with Koni SA and 10mm spring pads all around. These are stiffer than my old Vogtland KYB setup yet way more comfortable!

Comment

Working...
                X