Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convertible Soft Top Choices & Installation Quotes

Hello,

I have searched this forum up and down and didn't find answers in this forum or across the web on these two questions. So here it is.

I want to replace my convertible soft top on my 1992 Cabrio 325i and most guys online pointed to two brands: GAHH & ROBBINS. These brands range for the German Cloth between $680 - $800 USD. (I live in Canada so $750 - $1025 CAD). Are there any other reputable top manufacturers worth looking at or are these two your only go to? I don't want a bad quality one either.

Also, local upholstery shops have quoted me at $1500 CAD ($1200 USD) for installation of the top. How does this quote compare to what you guys have paid / been quoted by shops?

Appreciate your help.
    Andrei

There are only two. Use the German cloth if you want to stay close to OEM. Check the badcab thread for self install if you’re a glutton for punishment :-)
    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
    DB vert plastic bumpers
    OEM Keys
    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
    91 ic Calypso 3.1
    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

I'm also interested in replies regarding the current labor cost from a trim shop. Had mine replaced about 14 years ago with a GAHH top and I think the all-in cost was less than $1,200.

Cory

1992 325i Cabrio
      1988 320i Touring
      2000 M5
      1977 530i
      2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
      BMWCCA
      E30CCA

Comment

$1200 is very typical
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei View Post
          Hello,

I have searched this forum up and down and didn't find answers in this forum or across the web on these two questions. So here it is.

I want to replace my convertible soft top on my 1992 Cabrio 325i and most guys online pointed to two brands: GAHH & ROBBINS. These brands range for the German Cloth between $680 - $800 USD. (I live in Canada so $750 - $1025 CAD). Are there any other reputable top manufacturers worth looking at or are these two your only go to? I don't want a bad quality one either.

Also, local upholstery shops have quoted me at $1500 CAD ($1200 USD) for installation of the top. How does this quote compare to what you guys have paid / been quoted by shops?

Appreciate your help.
          Andrei

- A friend and i usually charge $350-$450 for labor, as for what BRANDS to use, me personally on my cars have always used "AutoBerry" from amazon, $329, vinyl material, might not be OEM but for the price its PERFECT, and needles to say, brings the car back to life...
          no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

I'm getting mine replaced on Tuesday at a shop. Using a german top and replacing my straps im looking at around 1700.

Comment

Originally posted by CavemanGB View Post
              I'm getting mine replaced on Tuesday at a shop. Using a german top and replacing my straps im looking at around 1700.
              Did you get this done? If so, are you happy with the results? Post a pic or two!

Comment

Originally posted by dougsic View Post

Did you get this done? If so, are you happy with the results? Post a pic or two!
                Yeah it's been done. I tried to upload some pics but it said the file sizes were too big. 🙁

Comment

Working...
                X