X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe G
    replied
    holy hell. Im doing this next week, thanks for the warning. Glad your okay.

Leave a comment:

• expressfish
    replied
    Whoa, note to self: where face mask when tucking bumpers on eta. glad you're going to be alright. did you get that shit put back together and tucked ?

Leave a comment:

• rblevins
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
    Damn, dude! Full face shield next time. Glad you are ok.
    And this ^^

Leave a comment:

• rblevins
    replied
    Glad the Po already did mine ;)

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    Damn, dude! Full face shield next time. Glad you are ok.

Leave a comment:

• zxert
    started a topic WARNING: Drilling bumper shocks.

WARNING: Drilling bumper shocks.

I was tucking the front bumper on my 84' drilling the shock off of the car. I used a very small drill bit and held a rag over the hole. The shock exploded with way more power than I estimated. The shock fluid shot in a fine mist and hit my roof, car, drill and my face. The shock of the shock exploding caused me to gasp and I inhaled the mist of death. I cleaned everything up and felt fine.

The next day on my way to work I felt drunk and I was coughing painful lung tearing coughs. I just avoided coughing as much as possible until I got home, at which point my throat started to close up. I laid down and relaxed and it went away. Then 4 or so hours later my throat was almost completely closed. So I called the poison control center who looked up the info and informed me that this fluid is hydrocarbon based and very harmful(no shit). It often causes delayed pneumonia symptoms which I had.

So I went to the ER with a 100 degree temperature coughing up huge chunks of random stuff with extremely painful coughs.

After a chest Xray I was told I wasn't going to die. Given a breathing treatment to open up my lungs and sent home with an inhaler.

I'm a idiot for breathing it in, and for not setting up a better shield. If you're going to do this, wear a mask, face shield, turbin, anything to protect your orifices and lungs.
Working...
X