• Show
Clear All

• 325isman
    replied
    Glad you are ok.

Leave a comment:

• razo-s.supra
    replied
    Did this tuck before reading this thread... Got shooken by the squirt that i gasped... bronchitis and sinus infection 2 days later. stuff is no B.S. wear a mask lol.

Leave a comment:

• lti_57
    replied
    Just did my rear bumper.
    1/4 inch bit cut open one end of plastic mike container. put shock in rage around the open end and drilled thru the plastic into the shock body a little spray then. Then i punched in the body actually pretty anti climatic. but man does that stuff stink.
    Did it in a garage the door wide open.
    glasses and a 3m dust mask still don't breath deep
    hit it and quite for a bit
    good luck

Leave a comment:

• rcsoundn1
    replied
    Great idea but glasses as you said are still a must

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Did this on the '02 a month or two ago. Used a fair sized piece of cardboard, stuck the drill bit through that and didn't get hit at all.

Safety glasses were on nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• E30_Pare
    replied
    Originally posted by ButtJuice View Post
    ^ you sound like my dad. I used to get really annoyed by him being overly cautious, but it has since rubbed off on me and now I'm the same way. Total safety queen.

OT, I drilled my old e30 bumper shocks totally oblivious as to what could happen, without any protection, in the open, I got lucky.

Just get euros people.
    I'm not usually that guy, but when I watch my friends do an oil change with only a jack I need to slap some knowledge into them. Not trying to watch people get crushed by a civic.

Leave a comment:

• ELVA164
    replied
    WHEN DIVING BOARDS ATTACK!
    Last edited by ELVA164; 01-09-2014, 08:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ButtJuice
    replied
    ^ you sound like my dad. I used to get really annoyed by him being overly cautious, but it has since rubbed off on me and now I'm the same way. Total safety queen.

OT, I drilled my old e30 bumper shocks totally oblivious as to what could happen, without any protection, in the open, I got lucky.

Just get euros people.

Leave a comment:

• george graves
    replied
    Years ago, I got some safety glasses from sears. I got two sets. One are.... "oh, I know these will get messed up. covered in oil" pair, and a pair that I keep nice and clean.

I also have a full face mask and a respirator.

Yea, I'm a safty nut. When I work with other people, I'm the guy that tell you to stop what you're doing cause it's not safe. Back away, get a proper jack stand, and put on some eye protection....Total buzz kill. That's me.

I also have all my eyeballs, and fingers. So yea.....

Leave a comment:

• Hooffenstein HD
    replied
    Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
    If I ever get another DB e30 I'm going right back to Euros.
    This man has some sense.

Leave a comment:

• E30_Pare
    replied
    I just remember drilling them in a box with a cut out large enough for the drill. For the rears I just stuck my hand underneath with the drill not to get my face in the way. If I ever get another DB e30 I'm going right back to Euros.

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post

Leave a comment:

• Balleristic31
    replied
    When I do these I remove the bumper and put the shocks inside a large gallon ziplock bag and poke a small hole for the drill bit. Then you move the hole away from the splash zone and you have a perfectly controlled blast into a covenient sack.

People who do this out in the open are crazy.

Leave a comment:

• ELVA164
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hooffenstein HD
    replied
    One more reason why these god awful diving boards should have never been made. Euro chromies all the way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X