Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3 1.9.

Comment

So my 2.5 is going to be lower than yours?

Comment

Not sure, I haven't seen one in person.

Comment

I need to get this in so I can post pics. I was going to put it in myself but was told that it was alittle difficult with ordinary tools because I am putting UUC bushings in. TCD said they would just put it in for $149...ehh rather do it myself. My local guy (bav auto in Perrysburg) said 1 hour labor, really good guy, bought both cars off of him and he has helped me and my bro out on many occasions, like hooking us up with free stuff/labor.

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
            I am shocked to understand why some of you guys are LOWERING your levers?

I use X5 3.0. I have tried all the rest, this is the best.
            it's because they all want it for looks, they don't actually want to imrpove shifting performance.

personally I'll stick to my buttery smooth and "tall" Z3 1.9 lever.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              it's because they all want it for looks, they don't actually want to imrpove shifting performance.

personally I'll stick to my buttery smooth and "tall" Z3 1.9 lever.
              Same. I drove an E30 with a Z4 3.0, and I hated it. My Z3 is smooth as buttah.

Comment

So the 3.0 z4 is straight, z3 1.9 is bent and more of a "direct fit" . Is there something in between the two, where I don't have to bend it but it's shorter than stock ?

How does the x5 shifter look installed and how does it feel shifting, got a picture ?
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                  So the 3.0 z4 is straight, z3 1.9 is bent and more of a "direct fit" . Is there something in between the two, where I don't have to bend it but it's shorter than stock ?

How does the x5 shifter look installed and how does it feel shifting, got a picture ?
                  x5 lever is used when you desire TALLER than stock
                  I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed View Post
                    Same. I drove an E30 with a Z4 3.0, and I hated it. My Z3 is smooth as buttah.
                    I <3 my Z4 3.0, but I have never driven an E30 with the Z3 shifter. Is there a noticeable difference in throw length?

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post

If you mean bend the selector rod, My Z4 2.5 doesn't need it. If you want in between wouldn't the 2.5 be the way to go?

No bending of the selector rod, and decreases throw by a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                        If you mean bend the selector rod, My Z4 2.5 doesn't need it. If you want in between wouldn't the 2.5 be the way to go?

No bending of the selector rod, and decreases throw by a lot.

Sounds like it, I deff. don't want to a taller shifter.
                        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Mods to UUC shift rod are needed...

I installed the Z3 shifter with the UUC DSSR yesterday and it is NOT a direct fit. The bushing in the Z3 end must be filed down to allow the rod to fit over it. It appears the specs for the end did not take into account the bushing which is approx .5mm tall on either side. Otherwise it is a great fit. I'm emailing UUC to let them know...

Comment

Originally posted by bwh13 View Post
                            I installed the Z3 shifter with the UUC DSSR yesterday and it is NOT a direct fit. The bushing in the Z3 end must be filed down to allow the rod to fit over it. It appears the specs for the end did not take into account the bushing which is approx .5mm tall on either side. Otherwise it is a great fit. I'm emailing UUC to let them know...

I have the latest version of the 1.9 lever where the bushings are already ON the lever....does the DSSR rod get hung up at those bushes?
                            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

i installed a z3 2.8 shifter in my e/i swap car, it has a sheet metal console, and a vibration dampener, i didn't bend the selector rod at all

figure that one out.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                                So my 2.5 is going to be lower than yours?
                                It will be a little lower but your actual shifter height will also depend on your shift knob as well. Looks like Josh has a one of the shorter leather Momo shift knobs that Bavauto used to sell. Stock shift knobs ride higher.

Comment

Working...
                                X