Shift Lever and Short Shifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you guys

I got in contact with Patric at BMA and he hooked me up with the z4 3.0 lever

Jani

Comment

Originally posted by Janissarie View Post
      thank you guys

I got in contact with Patric at BMA and he hooked me up with the z4 3.0 lever

Jani
      How much did that run you?

Comment

The whole kit with some new bushings is $75. I just bought the kit along with some other parts and a z4 2.5 lever. I've heard that the 3.0 can be a bit difficult as a daily driver or if your synchros are bad.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Ok just wanted to check and see if my price was decent. I got my M coupe shifter with all new bushing, washers, etc for $53. For some reason I thought that price seemed a bit off.

Guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
            Ok just wanted to check and see if my price was decent. I got my M coupe shifter with all new bushing, washers, etc for $53. For some reason I thought that price seemed a bit off.

Guess not.
            Where did you buy this at?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeinboise View Post
              Where did you buy this at?
              The dealer. I'm friends with the parts manager. He's a good guy.

Comment

I bought a Z3 Mcoupe shift lever and i just installed it without bending the selector rod. I know that bending the rod will eliminate the rubbing on the harmonic balancer, but will it reduce the notchiness? It actually takes alot of force to get it into gear

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1726949
                Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio
                gross, I bet that has an offset so positive it could prove to eliminate all emo feelings

Comment

Originally posted by *R* View Post
                  I bought a Z3 Mcoupe shift lever and i just installed it without bending the selector rod. I know that bending the rod will eliminate the rubbing on the harmonic balancer, but will it reduce the notchiness? It actually takes alot of force to get it into gear
                  no, that notchiness will still be there. If you just installed it, give it a week or two before you change your mind. It will loosen up a bit. It will still be notchy, but not quite as much.

Comment

You dont have to bend the selector rod, just eliminate the balancer. It is worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
                      You dont have to bend the selector rod, just eliminate the balancer. It is worthless.
                      Is it really? taking something off of the car just seems a bit sketchy. so does bending something on it.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1726949
                      Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio
                      gross, I bet that has an offset so positive it could prove to eliminate all emo feelings

Comment

Is it really? taking something off of the car just seems a bit sketchy. so does bending something on it.
                        You are installing somethign that didnt come with the car. I would just bend it. Taking the balancer seem to be a 50/50 with some people. Some people have vibration after taken off the balancer. I would just do the simple bend and get it over with.

Comment

It's fine without it. Hell my '87 eta didnt even come with one from the factory. No problems, but whatever.

I personally dont like the idea of bending something and compromising it's strength.

Comment

I installed the UUC EVO3 kit with DSSR last week, and it's great! It removed all of the slop that I was experiencing with the stock 20yr old parts. Throws are short, but not too short, and notchiness is kept down to a minimum. Neutral and in-gear play is greatly reduced as well.

If I had to compare it to a new car, it's very similar to the g35/350z 6MT gearbox, except a bit smoother. Just what I was hoping for in all honesty.

Worth 400 bucks? I think so, if you want to have the a shifter that feels like something out of todays sports cars. Can't wait to see how it feels with MT90 the tranny

91 318is

Comment

Originally posted by brandondan1 View Post
                              I installed the UUC EVO3 kit with DSSR last week, and it's great! It removed all of the slop that I was experiencing with the stock 20yr old parts. Throws are short, but not too short, and notchiness is kept down to a minimum. Neutral and in-gear play is greatly reduced as well.

If I had to compare it to a new car, it's very similar to the g35/350z 6MT gearbox, except a bit smoother. Just what I was hoping for in all honesty.

Worth 400 bucks? I think so, if you want to have the a shifter that feels like something out of todays sports cars. Can't wait to see how it feels with MT90 the tranny
                              is installing the UUC EVO3 more time consuming?
                              89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

So i ordered the Z3 2.8l shifter and just had Rob try to install it. Well, the damn thing didn't clear in my car. I have an 89' 325i manufactured in 10/88.

I think shifter was clearing in the normal gears but just scraping the harmonic balancer in reverse. (i believe)

You guys have any suggestions or thoughts on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X