• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it hard to install the Z4.
    Originally posted by e30e
    lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

No the z4 isn't hard to install. Neither are and of the other ones. If you don't want notchy shifts then done get the z4 lever. Also you may have clearance issues with the z4 lever if you have the vibration dampner on the driveshaft. The selector rod will rub on it when you're in reverse and second.

I have the z4 3.0l and I fuckin love it.

E30_Fiend
      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
      Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Just remove the vibration dampener. It is worthless and probably falling apart anyway.

I put a Z3 M coupe shifter (#... 254) in my old '87 iS with the balancer removed. I had no clearance issues at all. I didnt bend the lever either.

I have the same Z3 M shifter in my black car now. Even with the big guibo I have no clearance issues with an un-bent lever.

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
          @ FredK, do you have clearance issues with your lever un-bent?
          Not at all. It's just canted a few degrees to the right, and a little bit forward. The unbent lever has no problems with travel even with the shift boot in place. But, I just like the look of the lever when it returns exactly to center while in neutral.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Yes, without the vibration dampner you will have absolutely no problems with any of the short shifters hitting anything. I removed mine and all I can see that has changed is the shifter vibration itself. If I'm idling in neutral the shifter vibrates. Small price to pay for clearance with any shifter. Once again I have the z4 3.0l and have absolutely no contact with anything underneath.

E30_Fiend
            Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
            Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
              Ok I need to bend my 2.8 lever. Heeerrrrreee kitty kitty!
              OK, I bent the lever so that it sits centered in the console at neutral. Ahhh. Refreshing.

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                OK, I bent the lever so that it sits centered in the console at neutral. Ahhh. Refreshing.
                now if only you can bend your penis back so it hangs center

Comment

all I know is, flexfuel impala driving, heeter sucks dick, to stay in college

Comment

I try, but it's SOOO hard when I thinks of u honeytits

Comment

It's okay, I won't judge your short shifter anymore.

Comment

Comment

Not going to read through 30 pages but has anybody seen this pic before?

Gives a good idea what is what.
                          I have the Z3m shifter in my 318iS and I love it, Little bit notchy I suppose but I like having a car feel like the controls are connected to something:D

Thinking of maybe an E39 M5 shifter for my track car since it's higher and feel be closer to hand from the 'wheel.

Comment

Haha Dave, that exact pic is in the first post! But yeah, I love the feel of the Z3M shifter (I have one in my E36) as well as the Z3 2.8.

Comment

The one time I actually don't read through a nice portion of the thread:eeek:

Friend of mine thought the Z3m shifter was too notchy when he drove it but he was coming straight from an E30 tractor shift and he also had to come to terms with my E36 rack conversion:D

120 for the rack and 30 for the shifter...
                              150 euro to completely change the way a car feels and handles!!!

Comment

I just put in my z3 1.9 shift lever a few minutes ago, and could not for the life of me get the C clip that goes right under the lever on over the selector rod with the yellow washer in place. There just wasn't enough of the selector rod sticking out for both the yellow washer and C clip to fit on it. So I ended up just cleaning the large flat part of the C clip and attaching it to the selector rod without the yellow washer.

Will this do any harm? The clip felt snug on the selector rod, and I cant imagine that the movement of the lever/selector rod mechanism would cause the clip to become loose and fall off. The directions of motion seem too different.

Has anyone else run the clip without the yellow washer? Is it something that is a must have?

Comment

Working...
                                X