Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Speed Swap Wiring - Plug & play w/ cruise control !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so all i have to do is unplug all the plugs mentioned and then the black/yellow into that connecter?

Comment

any one know how to do this on a right hand drive car? ive found most of the conectors but theres three wires from the shifter that go to the right of the car that i dont know what to do with a purple a brown and a green black

Comment

Bump

Transaction feedback:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ight=karzrtoyz

Comment

Thanks to dr. strangelove and karzrtoyz! The info in this thread is magic and a time-saver. My swap is running great.

Dustin

Comment

Originally posted by bltoe View Post
            Thanks to dr. strangelove and karzrtoyz! The info in this thread is magic and a time-saver. My swap is running great.

Dustin
            OEM Magic!

Comment

Great info!

I have a swap to do (soon) and this thread took care of the wiring question.

Comment

Originally posted by bltoe View Post

Dustin

+1, me too, and cruise control works as well!
                Project 325is

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Thread Magic!

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump for doing a 5-speed swap next week and using this walkthrough

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                        Bump for doing a 5-speed swap next week and using this walkthrough
                        About time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
                        Project 325is

Transaction Feedback

Comment

3) Unplug black wire from ignition switch.

Is this the black wire referenced above in step 3 of the last post on page 1:

--->>>1988 SETA 2.7i Build Thread (Turbo Prep)<<<---

Comment

Yes
                            That's the parking/neutral ignition switch from the automatic harness; unplugging it removes the auto tranny safety (and since well.. You're now manual, it no long has any value and won't let you start your car if it is still plugged in)

Comment

Hi all, longtime lurker here and thought it was time I joined in. I do realize this thread isn't new, but I was happy to find it.

I hope the OP and Karztoyz don't mind me referring to them on my blog post, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due. I also put up some pics of my own, maybe they'll be useful too.

R3V is such a great forum, and this is one of those truly helpful threads!
                              Last edited by tsgoro; 04-18-2016, 08:55 PM. Reason: updated url link

Comment

I just got the wire harness for the reverse light switch but I can't find out where it should go. I'm wondering if the PO cut it out and spliced in

Comment

Working...
                                X