Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spark plug wire components that fit OEM distributor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark plug wire components that fit OEM distributor?

I have a Bosch motorsport 00098 wasted spark coil pack, and the terminals are the same style as the OEM distributor. The inside of the terminals is a small stud, the same size as an m20 spark plug with the nub removed.

I can't find any spark plug wire components that fit this style of coil. All the female ends for coils/distributors fit the larger diameter studs typical of American cars.

How have others ran this coil? Just buy OEM wires and scavenge parts from them?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 (6).jpg
Views:	139
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	10046295 Click image for larger version

Name:	image0 (6).jpg
Views:	142
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	10046296
    Attached Files
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Cant help with your question i'm afraid but does that coil pack have built in ignitors?

Comment

I run a Bosch wasted spark system but it is the following and fortunately it has the other style which is more common so found some generic wires to begin with

https://www.nzefi.com/product/bosch-...inder-engines/

i eventually got proper wires (suitable length) my wires made by Firecore (very good quality)

You can just buy some connectors and make your own but get quality stuff especially plug side as had cheap sets pull out of connector
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
        Cant help with your question i'm afraid but does that coil pack have built in ignitors?
        It does not.

Originally posted by digger View Post
        I run a Bosch wasted spark system but it is the following and fortunately it has the other style which is more common so found some generic wires to begin with

https://www.nzefi.com/product/bosch-...inder-engines/

i eventually got proper wires (suitable length) my wires made by Firecore (very good quality)

You can just buy some connectors and make your own but get quality stuff especially plug side as had cheap sets pull out of connector
        Finding the components is the issue. I'm sure someone has built their own wires for an m20 before, I can't be breaking new ground here.
        Byron
        Leichtbau

Comment

I made my own wires for the same wasted spark setup. I used these connectors for the same coil pack.

Comment

So bumping this thread because I've recently found a new logic-level wasted spark coil pack that I really love. Used on the early 2000s GM 3.5-3.9L V6s (Impalas, Malibus, Monte Carlos, Silverados, etc.), and a set of plug wires from one of the same vehicles will work too, just with some of the wires being a bit on the long side. But really works great and being logic level, no need for a Quadspark!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	10053294

Comment

Working...
            X