AFM to IAT pigtail & Variable TPS sensor pigtails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFM to IAT pigtail & Variable TPS sensor pigtails

I've been mostly a ghost for way to many years but finally off my butt and trying to wrap up my ITB setup with MS and trying to avoid cutting the factory harness to attach the GM IAT sensor and the variable TPS sensor. Is anyone out there making these pigtails? I'd die to get one of each. Seems like Rabbit Wiring is no longer in business so that option is out. Any help is appreciated! I'm in Orange County CA. I'll eventually post up a writeup on the project as it turned into way more than I was expecting but should be more than happy with final results once it's driving again.
    sigpic
    Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

Did you try this guy?

​​​​ive always just cut and spliced my wiring but I see the adapters pop up in the for sale section sometimes.

Comment

Yeah, that is the Rabbit Wiring (RWS) I mentioned that seems to be no longer around here or anywhere online. Storefront still is up but site won't let you buy anything.
      sigpic
      Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Comment

Just ordered these for a project in shop

CONN-75644 - IAT
        CONN-75853 - 3 way JPT

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

i used a TPS from an M62 and it plugged right into the factory E30 TPS. The GM IAT i just crimped pins on the ends of wire and stuck into factory AFM plug. Works great.

Comment

Assuming you're using a later-style E36 TPS that still uses the 3-pin Bosch connector, you can do what I did and order the connectors and then make you own short little 'patch' cable to go from the unmolested engine harness socket to the plug on the new TPS. Sadly I've never found that 6-pin version to do the same for the AFM, but as Red_liner740 said, just stick the pins in there and wrap it up nicely with a little tape, and you're good to go!
            https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
            Oh, and kudos to you firemanory for NOT hacking up the factory harness; there's a special place in hell for people that do that, especially when they later want help troubleshooting the mess they've made after rendering the factory wiring diagrams useless!

Comment

Thanks guys for all the input! Got the TPS figured out no issues, but the SFM just gotta be ghetto and use some blades and tape it up as mentioned. Should hold up just fine, its just the IAT sensor so not as critical as the TPS as well. Thanks again. Have another issue but will post up on a new thread. Cheers!

Originally posted by Austrianvespaguy View Post
              Assuming you're using a later-style E36 TPS that still uses the 3-pin Bosch connector, you can do what I did and order the connectors and then make you own short little 'patch' cable to go from the unmolested engine harness socket to the plug on the new TPS. Sadly I've never found that 6-pin version to do the same for the AFM, but as Red_liner740 said, just stick the pins in there and wrap it up nicely with a little tape, and you're good to go!
              https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
              Oh, and kudos to you firemanory for NOT hacking up the factory harness; there's a special place in hell for people that do that, especially when they later want help troubleshooting the mess they've made after rendering the factory wiring diagrams useless!
              sigpic
              Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Comment

Working...
              X