2.7i base map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.7i base map

Trying to get my car to just start and idle at all. Wanting to hopefully have this running well in time for e30 picnic. A base map ignition table and fuel map would be helpful. Really mainly looking for a ignition table the one I have seems fubar. I am trying to get familiar with tunerstudio before I turbo the car.

Stock 325i m20 injectors
    Eta Block 885 head

When you enter the info into your tune file, TunerStudio will spit out generic fuel and ignition tables that should be usable as you start to tune the car.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

What does your current map look like? as long as its in the general shape it should start and run quite well.

Your trigger, ignition and required fuel settings must be perfectly accurate to your engine. Once you have them i found it amazing how well mine ran just on the generated maps, certainly enough to drive it around quite successfully.

I would advise against importing someone else base map. There is not that many settings, so you are best to learn what each of them does and building your own.

Some good info in here but this only applies to oem style plug and play setups. You really should confirm the "tooth angle" using a timing light. this states 97deg, but then some other places state 84 or something. Mine was closer to 86 i think, been a few yrs. This is the most important setting after the 60-2 setting for getting your Igntion timing accurate.

https://www.diyautotune.com/support/...-your-bmw-e30/

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
        What does your current map look like? as long as its in the general shape it should start and run quite well.

Your trigger, ignition and required fuel settings must be perfectly accurate to your engine. Once you have them i found it amazing how well mine ran just on the generated maps, certainly enough to drive it around quite successfully.

I would advise against importing someone else base map. There is not that many settings, so you are best to learn what each of them does and building your own.

Some good info in here but this only applies to oem style plug and play setups. You really should confirm the "tooth angle" using a timing light. this states 97deg, but then some other places state 84 or something. Mine was closer to 86 i think, been a few yrs. This is the most important setting after the 60-2 setting for getting your Igntion timing accurate.

https://www.diyautotune.com/support/...-your-bmw-e30/
        I still need to check my angle but have been able to get it running at the very least. for the angle we are looking for the angle of the tooth where it passes the crank position sensor correct? Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	390
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	10056794

Comment

No. You lock the timing in Megasquirt (set fixed timing to 0 or 10 or something that it will idle steadily at) and then verify the tooth angle setting using a timing light and the marks on the front of the crank pulley cover.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
          X