N/A Megasquirt Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyrix2k View Post
    I was thinking about it, but I see that costing a lot more than either modifying the eta harness or building a new custom harness and I think it will still take a lot of effort on my part. At that point, I'd need a donor DME, a donor 325i harness, and the PNP board. I might as well go custom... I think it will still be easiest to use a stock 325i trigger wheel & sensor though.

I can and probably will. It's just a matter of what costs the least/is easiest to implement. A board does exist that takes input from the eta sensors and converts it into a format compatible with megasquirt, so it is possible to use the stock sensors.

what kind of improvement is there to having the injectors fire as two separate banks instead of a single bank (what I was planning on)? I thought the only real improvement was idle quality? I read that even a single bank batch fire system doesn't really hurt power?

And yes, I know I need all those sensors. I'm really considering a custom harness using the diyauto harness... then the labels would be printed on the wires.
    it can make a big difference because of the pressure drop in the fuel rail from firing all 6 injectors at once. It also makes a big difference if you're using large, high-z injectors. Getting them to idle when they're all firing at the same time will be tough. It also seems rather silly to try to avoid alternating fire just because of a couple wires, the second driver is already built in.

the PNP kit comes with it's own motronic connector, you'd only need a harness, and crank wheel/sensor which you would need anyway. Starting with the DIY harness would certainly be better than the eta harness, but I think a good used 325i harness would be cheaper?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

any one on here have n/a megasquirt on a 24v?
      89 325i parts car
      90 325i in progress
      ground control 400f 700r-koni adjustables-koni adjustable sways-reinforced control arms-ground control camber plates-e36 cabrio shock mounts-4.10 lsd-5 speed swap in the works
      --tryng to join the schwarz army one day at a time--sigpic

Comment

there are several, although I can't think of any names..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Anyone run Alpha-N on a daily?

I will be converting my M42 to MS and maybe running Alpha N and running ITB's. I want to know what drive ability is like with Alpha N compared to MAP.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
            Anyone run Alpha-N on a daily?

I will be converting my M42 to MS and maybe running Alpha N and running ITB's. I want to know what drive ability is like with Alpha N compared to MAP.
            you can use MAP with ITBs. or a blended alpha-N/MAP load signal - MS2 & 3 have one built in, it's called "ITB Mode". Or just build a vaccum manifold and run straight MAP.

I don't think there's a particular reason to run straight alpha-N, except as a last ditch effort or on a full race car.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Hi Everyone!
              I have a little problem with a MegaSquirt V2.2 install... I have an e30 with an early jetronic M20B20 engine, and I've converted the ignition to a Wasted Spark setup. I've changed the cylinder head to a 200 type head, and an eta intake manifold, with a widened throttle body. The car runs fine if I step on the gas pedal, but ther's no idle at all...
              Can anyone help me, how to set up or configure a closed loop pwm idle control (i use a siemens idle control valve)? Or somebody could send me a setup for an m20b20 engine? I would apreciate that... Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X