No announcement yet.

My Megasquirt 3 M50 setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah... I can't see myself doing that... I might play around with the numbers a bit to see if I can improve idle.
    1988 325 auto-x car
    1989 325ix winter car
    1991 525i summer car

Comment

some of the more common injectors have published specifications. I found a buch for ford racing injectors just recently.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Well I am using Ford Racing injectors - I will have to dig out the part number to see if you have data for these ones.
        1988 325 auto-x car
        1989 325ix winter car
        1991 525i summer car

Comment

there are links to a bunch of different injector specs here:

(scroll down to the calibration summary links)

the applicable specification to MS is "MINPW (ms)", for the 42# injectors it's 1.13ms.

I think you can also use the battery v/offset curve but I don't quite know how to translate it into something MS can use.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I just noticed your ignition input capture is set to "falling edge". Have you taken a composite & tooth log? It's almost certainly not right, and could account for 3 degrees of timing error. How is your VR input wired? it should be through VOUT (not VROUTINV), with rising edge, VR+ connected to the MS input and VR- connected to ground. you would only use falling edge if it was wired backwards, which you don't really want to do.

you also have "90" in "oddfire small angle" but you don't need anything there, we don't have oddfire V6's. :p

you need to disable "odd fire" in the basic/load menu, change it to even fire..
            Last edited by nando; 10-28-2010, 09:41 AM.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Nando,

Thanks for the info - that fixed my knock - I can't believe I missed that setting.

As for the rising edge vs falling edge on the crank sensor - I am wired through VROUTINV by Goathumpers instructions. If I change it to VROUT and change my input capture to rising edge, that would be the correct way?
              1988 325 auto-x car
              1989 325ix winter car
              1991 525i summer car

Comment

yep! I don't think VROUTINV was ever correct, but it does "work". You just end up with a 3 degree offset in your timing map.

glad to hear oddfire is what fixed it. I'm thinking some of the cylinders were advanced by as much as 30 degrees. I bet it runs a whole lot better too. :)
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yeah - much better. However there is still a bunch of tuning to do. Mostly startup parameters and let VE Analyze Live tune my map.

I now have some traction problems in 2nd gear with a 2.93 diff so that is a good sign!
                  1988 325 auto-x car
                  1989 325ix winter car
                  1991 525i summer car

Comment

pmed you on the MS forums but I dunno if you ever log in there. Can I haz msq?

Comment

Sorry for bring this up from the dead, but really, anyone have a stock m50 base tune MSQ?

Comment

Working...
                      X