No announcement yet.

Miller WAR Machine 24v Rendition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what kind of numbers are we looking at?

:D
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by brody View Post
      You can just cut the EWS wire for now with our tunes if you have EWS.
      No, that does not work in an E30. The EWS module has to be present for that to help.
      2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
      2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
      1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
      1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
      - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
      1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
      1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
      Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
        So what kind of numbers are we looking at?

:D
        Probably not too much different than Turner chips or TRM. You can't magically make a ton more power on a motor that's been tuned by so many people, so many times.

That being said, Dan is a great tuner, so I'm sure there will be nice numbers with clean AFRs!
        Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
          Probably not too much different than Turner chips or TRM. You can't magically make a ton more power on a motor that's been tuned by so many people, so many times.

That being said, Dan is a great tuner, so I'm sure there will be nice numbers with clean AFRs!
          Well I'm concerned with seeing whether there are any actual gains on a 2.8 liter block.

From what I have seen the smaller displacement *read* 2.5 and 2.8 liter motors don't make too much power. IF this makes some decent power, I'm definitely going to consider getting the injectors, maf and tune.

The only dyno's that I've come across were for S50 and S52 motors which make healthy gains with this sort of upgrade. With my current setup I'm making 205whp and 182lbs ft of torXXxzzz...if this motor makes anything above that I'll be happy :D I'm not looking for a magical 20 hp gain either...I just want a little bit more. I'm already at the peak of N/A power unless I go with ITB's and standalone.

Comment

This may be a noob question but any reason your running the dual pipe exhaust instead of the single like when you where running the M20 and on your e34's?

For a color for the car you should go with yellow like on your first e30 project car. It's still holding up really good!!:)

Also. are you going to have some acceleration numbers for the car through the various stages of the build?

Comment

Still waiting!! Lets get some feedback guys :D

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                Still waiting!! Lets get some feedback guys :D
                Just finishing up the windows software for the WAR for windows 2.0 release. Been a little intense. We will have updates for the WAR Machine by the weekend though, hang in there!

Comment

Originally posted by Bavarian Performance View Post
                  This may be a noob question but any reason your running the dual pipe exhaust instead of the single like when you where running the M20 and on your e34's?

For a color for the car you should go with yellow like on your first e30 project car. It's still holding up really good!!:)

Also. are you going to have some acceleration numbers for the car through the various stages of the build?

Bump?

Comment

any non vanos 24v support?

Comment

Go with olive drab. Or do an air force abu camo. No one has done that yet!

Comment

If you understand an engine, and the tools are put in front of you to tune, 95% of people would be surprised how easy it can be.
                        N/A is one thing, tuning a turbo engine is a different game. Anyone wanting to tune an engine should keep that in mind.
                        Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                        A Topless Memorandum

Comment

so no non vanos support then?

Comment

Originally posted by mo diesil View Post
                            so no non vanos support then?
                            Im running a war chip with the m50 non vanos

Comment

You can just cut the EWS wire for now with our tunes if you have EWS.
                              Uhmm that only holds true for EWS I. Scary that a TUNER doesn't have the knowledge of the variances in teh two systems and is hacking DME's.

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                              No, that does not work in an E30. The EWS module has to be present for that to help.
                              Not in all cases. For OBD1/EWS1 you can clip a wire and run a red label. However for OBD2 it is much more involved, and I think that was the question that was raised. How will this work with OBD2 and EWS2? Do you turn it off on the dme or is obd1/ews1 tunes what you are doing now for odb2 swapped to obd1 cars?
                              Originally posted by 325Projectz
                              don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
                              :nice:

Comment

'scribed
                                Originally posted by FredK
                                However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
                                Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X