Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brody
    replied
    We don't offer support for non-vanos turbo stuff. You can do it with the WAR Chip, but you are on your own and the MAF will max out around 300 WHP. There is no upgrade for the non-vanos unless you go standalone.

Leave a comment:

• chrisbmx68
    replied
    I may be offbase but I would imagine you could run a nv motor with a vanos ecu and corresponding maf/sensors etc. They would just have to make a tune that essentially disregarded the vanos portion of the map.

Leave a comment:

• Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
    about a month ago?
    Guess they don't then.

Leave a comment:

• trackjunkie21
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
    How recently?
    about a month ago?

Leave a comment:

• Bimmerman325i
    replied
    My friend tried to get a chip for his non vanos turbo and was told there was nothing available.
    How recently?

Leave a comment:

• trackjunkie21
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
    What? You definitely can, it's just a different application and you don't have the vanos maps.
    My friend tried to get a chip for his non vanos turbo and was told there was nothing available.

Leave a comment:

• Bimmerman325i
    replied
    So there is no way I can use this on a Non Vanos engine? Oh well.
    What? You definitely can, it's just a different application and you don't have the vanos maps.

Leave a comment:

• trackjunkie21
    replied
    So there is no way I can use this on a Non Vanos engine? Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Brody, question for you on vanos trigger points. I'm looking at buying the WAR chip to tune my US S50 (ITBs, wild cams, full exhaust, injectors, etc) and am wondering what trigger points are available. Since my car is running wild cams I am thinking that I'll need to play with vanos well outside the normal realm of trigger points.

Additionally, how much higher can the redline be bumped from the 7k normal point? My engine should be able to go 7600-7800 once it's fully built, and hopefully make a good deal of power that high.

I'd probably end up doing a remote tune from you guys rather than tune it myself, but I'm curious what options there are for a wild NA build vs a turbo/stockish engine.

Leave a comment:

• Butler
    replied
    Updates?

Leave a comment:

• Bearmw
    replied
    Thanks for the reply. I think I'm starting to understand how your WAR system works.

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearmw View Post
    Brody can you clarify how WAR works in relation to the stock DME's ability to adapt and learn and tending to revert back to the set stock AFR of about 14:1. If I adjust the fuel and timing maps to where I want them based on my specific injectors and fuel pressure wont the stock DME then begin to correct my adjustment back to the factory settings?

Anyone?
    Why wouldn't you want it to be at Stoich for Part throttle? The ECU's do not "correct" under WOT.

If you really want to run on the rich or lean side all the time without having the ECU correct (during part throttle and idle conditions only anyway) just turn the O2 sensor off in the software.

Leave a comment:

• Bearmw
    replied
    Brody can you clarify how WAR works in relation to the stock DME's ability to adapt and learn and tending to revert back to the set stock AFR of about 14:1. If I adjust the fuel and timing maps to where I want them based on my specific injectors and fuel pressure wont the stock DME then begin to correct my adjustment back to the factory settings?

Anyone?
    Last edited by Bearmw; 09-09-2011, 06:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    Originally posted by tttoon View Post
    dumb question over here, but before I blow shit up, can you change tunes with the TCM with the motor running?
    Yes. Once it a while it may stumble but it is totally safe to do.

Leave a comment:

• tttoon
    replied
    dumb question over here, but before I blow shit up, can you change tunes with the TCM with the motor running?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X