No announcement yet.

Miller WAR Machine 24v Rendition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have recently finished up my E30 S50 Turbo build and I'm running the Miller Performance 24v Turbo Tuning Package. It's fantastic. Everything works awesome.

I can't say enough good things about Brody and Miller. There were a few hiccups along the way, but Brody and the Miller crew were second to none when it came to resolving the issues.

I would 110% recommend Miller product to anyone.

Thank you so much for putting up with me Brody. haha

1988 Bronzitbeige Metallic 325e 2-door S50 turbo (OO=( )=OO)
    2008 VW Rabbit
    1991 Audi 200 20vtq Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerTim View Post
      I have recently finished up my E30 S50 Turbo build and I'm running the Miller Performance 24v Turbo Tuning Package. It's fantastic. Everything works awesome.

I can't say enough good things about Brody and Miller. There were a few hiccups along the way, but Brody and the Miller crew were second to none when it came to resolving the issues.

I would 110% recommend Miller product to anyone.

Thank you so much for putting up with me Brody. haha
      Give Dan some credit as well, he's the one that did the actual tuning. :p
      Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

That's why I said crew as well. I'm not local, so I have never met any of them, and I only spoke and emailed with Brody.

Either way, brilliant.

1988 Bronzitbeige Metallic 325e 2-door S50 turbo (OO=( )=OO)
        2008 VW Rabbit
        1991 Audi 200 20vtq Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerTim View Post
          That's why I said crew as well. I'm not local, so I have never met any of them, and I only spoke and emailed with Brody.

Either way, brilliant.
          I know, I know, just being a smart ass.
          Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

dumb question over here, but before I blow shit up, can you change tunes with the TCM with the motor running?

Comment

Originally posted by tttoon View Post
              dumb question over here, but before I blow shit up, can you change tunes with the TCM with the motor running?
              Yes. Once it a while it may stumble but it is totally safe to do.

Comment

Brody can you clarify how WAR works in relation to the stock DME's ability to adapt and learn and tending to revert back to the set stock AFR of about 14:1. If I adjust the fuel and timing maps to where I want them based on my specific injectors and fuel pressure wont the stock DME then begin to correct my adjustment back to the factory settings?

Anyone?
                Last edited by Bearmw; 09-09-2011, 06:39 PM.
                Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bearmw View Post
                  Brody can you clarify how WAR works in relation to the stock DME's ability to adapt and learn and tending to revert back to the set stock AFR of about 14:1. If I adjust the fuel and timing maps to where I want them based on my specific injectors and fuel pressure wont the stock DME then begin to correct my adjustment back to the factory settings?

Anyone?
                  Why wouldn't you want it to be at Stoich for Part throttle? The ECU's do not "correct" under WOT.

If you really want to run on the rich or lean side all the time without having the ECU correct (during part throttle and idle conditions only anyway) just turn the O2 sensor off in the software.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm starting to understand how your WAR system works.
                    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Updates?
                      -Nick
                      Originally posted by 87e30
                      First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Brody, question for you on vanos trigger points. I'm looking at buying the WAR chip to tune my US S50 (ITBs, wild cams, full exhaust, injectors, etc) and am wondering what trigger points are available. Since my car is running wild cams I am thinking that I'll need to play with vanos well outside the normal realm of trigger points.

Additionally, how much higher can the redline be bumped from the 7k normal point? My engine should be able to go 7600-7800 once it's fully built, and hopefully make a good deal of power that high.

I'd probably end up doing a remote tune from you guys rather than tune it myself, but I'm curious what options there are for a wild NA build vs a turbo/stockish engine.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

So there is no way I can use this on a Non Vanos engine? Oh well.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                          VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                            So there is no way I can use this on a Non Vanos engine? Oh well.
                            What? You definitely can, it's just a different application and you don't have the vanos maps.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                              What? You definitely can, it's just a different application and you don't have the vanos maps.
                              My friend tried to get a chip for his non vanos turbo and was told there was nothing available.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                              VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                                My friend tried to get a chip for his non vanos turbo and was told there was nothing available.
                                How recently?
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X