Traction Control!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traction Control!

I have Megasquirt working successfully for traction control. Rear wheel speed is the standard Vss signal from the speedo, front wheel speed is read from an ABS sensor. Megasquirt compares the rear with the front and pulls timing when the rear starts spinning faster than the front.
    Attached Files

this is amazing. can you change the percentage of traction it gives? how do you turn on the traction control?

this is available on MS3 right?
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

Comment

Very cool. I don't ever for see me needing it but like the fact that you continue to plug ahead on cool things.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Definitely could be useful for high HP turbo builds, especially with launch control.

Comment

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
          this is amazing. can you change the percentage of traction it gives? how do you turn on the traction control?

this is available on MS3 right?
          It doesn't do closed-loop slip%. The settings for wet wouldn't work as well for dry. You can enable with a cockpit switch if you want, I leave it on permanently.

If you were consistently using the same surface you could easily tune it to maintain x% of slip.

What I forgot to mention is that it also does spark cut in addition to timing retard, you can do timing first and then spark cut if it's not enough. It can also pull nitrous or add fuel (although I don't know why you'd want to add fuel as a traction reaction?)

It's in the MS3 alpha code, will be in the next release version as well.

I've gotta say, it's a helluva lot of fun nailing the throttle on a wet morning and clawing for traction up the tach!

Comment

This is cool, do you have any videos of it?

Comment

nice work as always man

Originally posted by Roysneon
              $5 shipped?
              Originally posted by MarkD
              You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Very cool, would love to see a video of it in action

Comment

Hoveringuy you are my hero!
                  Leo.

E30 318iS, E36 328i

Comment

That is tremendously cool. If only was using MS.
                    I am looking at the RaceLogic system, not a lot of info on it though
                    88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Does anyone know if this is based off the "fuzzy logic" code from MS2 3.0.3r? A guy in germany wrote in for their FSAE car, but I'm not sure it would normalize VSS and an ABS sensor.

Did you just splice into the + ABS wire?
                      '89 335is +turbo

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
                        What I forgot to mention is that it also does spark cut in addition to timing retard, you can do timing first and then spark cut if it's not enough. It can also pull nitrous or add fuel (although I don't know why you'd want to add fuel as a traction reaction?)
                        awd

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

Pretty damn cool, bro.
                          ///Z

1988 BMW 325 Super Eta - Elsa

"i"CONVERSIONWARchip&3.0MAF3.73LSDBBSRSsSMILIES"is"SPOILER+LIPHOUNDSTOOTHSHORTSHIFTERPLASTICBUMPERCONVERSIONEtc.

Sell Me Your SCHWARZ FENDERS!

Originally posted by chadthestampede
                          ^ Nothing you post makes any sense.

Comment

The latest version of Megasquirt (Alpha 18 ) added some more variables for traction control. It can now trigger over a certain throttle position and load level.

It's just incredibly fun!
                            Last edited by hoveringuy; 03-03-2012, 06:49 AM.

Comment

son of a bitch, now I need to upgrade from ms2...

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X