Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turn off ASE and priming in MS, got idle settings to share?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn off ASE and priming in MS, got idle settings to share?

As topic, if i want to turn them off do i just set all those values to zero?

And Warmup Enrichment, if i set all to 100% it will mean it does nothing, right?

Reason for asking, when i start it hot it revs to 3k and stays for a few seconds and then slowly drops down to fine idle.
    And when its cold (like 0 to -4C) i have to use the throttle to keep it alive,
    figured it might be drowning.

So have to find a end to start searcing at and figured it would be easier with less stuff "on"
    Last edited by Kvasi; 03-05-2012, 09:10 AM.

check the cranking settings too

Comment

that is correct. You can also just set ase to like 1 crank count.
      '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
      NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
      Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Have you worked with the ICV cranking settings, sounds like it is set to high.
        My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
        4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Kvasi, Have you checked, All vacumme hoses for tight / snug connections & Throdle body boot? Maybe your O2 Sensor unplug it see what happens, maybe the FPR / Fule pump.
          Good Luck.

Comment

All hoses are fine, O2 sensor and fuelpump is brand new.
            Im starting to wonder if its some EGO settings that are a bit off..

Comment

If you are running a ICV did you check the settings, what duty is it set for? If it revs high and settles to normal it sounds like you may have your duty % too high at that temp and then settles after the crank to run taper.
              My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
              4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Needless to say, im new to this. And its hard to read up on topic when everything is in english and im norwegian..

Anyone have idle/closed loop settings to share that works?
                Had to reflash because of an "bad update" and now everything is off.

Comment

I would turn off o2 correction altogether till you get everything tuned in pretty well.

Comment

So, how fuckd is this? Came with the basemap..

Comment

I attached closed loop idle settings. I got these from chris325ix tune. Seems like the open and close duty are mixed up.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, guess ill try copying and see if it does the trick :)

Comment

Originally posted by toointoxicated60 View Post
                          I attached closed loop idle settings. I got these from chris325ix tune. Seems like the open and close duty are mixed up.
                          open should definitely be 50%, closed should be ~20% (where the valve actually closes is hard to define, I bench tested to get these values). the valve actually will continue to open up to 75%, but you'd never want to go above 50%, anyway.

if your ICV is wired backwards, then the open/closed duties will also be backwards.

also, a 100rpm adder is likely too low, and a 13% TPS activation is way too high.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Copyed the copy of chris325ix`s settings and guess what, it works alot better :)

Comment

;)

Comment

Working...
                              X