Question about e36 TPS for Megasquirt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about e36 TPS for Megasquirt.

I have a TPS off a e36 that I want to use for my megasquirt setup but it is different then the one everyone seems to use. The one I have is from a 328i and the plug is offset to one side instead of in the middle. Will I still be able to use this for my setup since I'm using it to replace the stock e30 one that is just on and off?

you have the wrong TPS. one is for the traction control system and the other is for the ECU. you want the one for the ECU - they all look the same (small, centered).

*however*. it might be worth checking out how it works. MS doesn't really care where the TPS came from. you need to give it 5vref, ground, and measure the signal. if it measures a normal TPS sweep, it will work fine. you just need to figure out how to bolt it up.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      you have the wrong TPS. one is for the traction control system and the other is for the ECU. you want the one for the ECU - they all look the same (small, centered).

*however*. it might be worth checking out how it works. MS doesn't really care where the TPS came from. you need to give it 5vref, ground, and measure the signal. if it measures a normal TPS sweep, it will work fine. you just need to figure out how to bolt it up.
      Thanks. That is what I figured. I will get it figured out once I get the megasquirt wired in. As for mounting it.. I'm sure I can figure something out, it isn't much different from the other TPS.

Comment

just make sure you look at the ETM and how it's supposd to be wired. you don't want to reverse any signals - it won't fry it or anything, but it won't hold a calibration worth a damn and the signal will be very noisy.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thanks man. I will make sure I get it all set up right. I should be wiring in the megasquirt in here in the next few weeks so I'll keep this thread updated when I do.

Comment

Working...
          X