Need help with a tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with a tune.

I have megasquirt 2 v3.0 and a 2.7i setup with a hx35 and 30pound injectors. I need a tune or atleast something to start with so I can get it to run and at least get it to the Guy tuning my car. Any help would be appreciated a lot

Have you already went in ts and plugged in all your required fuel and calibrated all your sensors and what not? Im not sure what exactly you need. Will it not idle? Im pretty new to ms as well, so maybe chris or Nando or someone could help, but im sure they would need more info.
    sigpic
    mods: just meat and potatoes under the hood and wheaties on fire out back ;)

Comment

Which motor?

Comment

I don't mind helping, but I think you need to do a little bit more reading and research. you're going to end up way over your head.

Megasquirt EFI fuel injection and ignition control. Product information, support forums, documentation and downloads for Megasquirt and Microsquirt ECU. Official site for MS1/Extra, MS2/Extra and Megasquirt-3.

I do have a tune file that may work for you. I'll see if I can find it. is this a PnP setup? do you have any idle control? what firmware are you using?

you can see why I'm skeptical - you're asking for a full tune, but not giving any critical details..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Sorry it took me so long to reply. The car hasn't been fired yet, the last things are being wired up tonight and hopefully the moment of truth will happen. The car is a 2.7 bottom end with the 2.5 head. It has a hy35 turbo on it. It was not a plug and play system, a user on e30tech built it and included a harness from diyautotune to wire it up. Like I said earlier it is a Megasquirt 2 with the 3.0 board and I will be upgrading it to 3.2.1 firmware tonight. I have not calibrated all my sensors or anything yet but they have all been switched over to GM sensors from diyautotune and with the 2.5bar map they have on their site. I was be calibrating all of that. Also I do not believe I have anything hooked up for idle control I will have to double check at the garage tonight. I just was hoping to get a known good tune so if it won't start we aren't running around in circles thinking it is something in the tune if it is something wired up wrong. Thanks. I know you can't give me a perfect one but at least something to make it run until the guy tuning it gets into town. If you need to know anything else just let me know.

Comment

I have one that should work. I just need to dig it off my laptop.

you'll need to check your calibrations after you load it, and reset your REQ_FUEL after. also it's for beta 3.1, but it should convert just fine.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

That would be awesome. I would really appreciate it. Do you want me to PM you my email or anything or just shoot me a link if you can find it.

Comment

Working...
              X