W.A.R Chip Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W.A.R Chip Review

I need to tune my turbo m20. Im thinking of buying the miller war chip, if you guys have used it I would like to know your feedback on it. Thanks..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0025.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	7227414

It came with my s52 setup I bought off someone else and I put it in my e30.

It runs, idles well but I feel like there should be a lot more in it. I feel like my car w 30b injectors is running really rich.. so looking for someone who has a similar setup that can help me a tune, or if anyone knows a shop in norcal?

Thanks!
    91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
    ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

I like mine. Its on a stockish car but it made a good improvement. They have a few turbo base tunes to get you going.
      However as noted above it needs tuned. I have shown the software to a few tunners and they say it looks pretty simple.
      sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
      The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Well I have 42 lb injectors at 20 lb of boost so I might need it to run alil rich

Comment

We can tune your stock Motronic with a custom chip, right here in South Florida.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

my experience on my Turbo car is that It works and gets the job done, but has some glitches like the TCM, constant check engine light and low load stutters and bogs.

My experience tuning a N/A E30 with the WAR chip is that its runs great but will get random CEL's and every couple weeks since the install of the chip the car will get some weird misfire that is only fixed by resetting the battery.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
              my experience on my Turbo car is that It works and gets the job done, but has some glitches like the TCM, constant check engine light and low load stutters and bogs.

My experience tuning a N/A E30 with the WAR chip is that its runs great but will get random CEL's and every couple weeks since the install of the chip the car will get some weird misfire that is only fixed by resetting the battery.
              None of that will happen if it's live tuned on the stock ECU. He's local to our shop, dyno is right down the street.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:

Comment

"Forced firebird" where's your shop. Address?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon1987 View Post
                  "Forced firebird" where's your shop. Address?
                  Sending PM
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post

+1 over here. Plus Brody is almost impossible to reach for help. I'm going MS2 soon but if I was local to Forced Bird... I would be going to him.
                    Denny

Blogs:
                    http://bmw325e30.blogspot.com/ (restoration)
                    http://bmw325e30turbo.blogspot.com (Twincharge M20)
                    http://bmw325e30m62b44.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon1987 View Post
                      Well I have 42 lb injectors at 20 lb of boost so I might need it to run alil rich

I think the war chip is recommended with 30,32lbs max

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

Originally posted by sayed ali View Post
                        I think the war chip is recommended with 30,32lbs max

from what i've read from Miller is you can run up to 60lb injectors no problem. Yet everybody who has run bigger than 30lbers has issues... so not so sure what to believe.

according to MS I was at 108% duty cycle at 10psi with 30lb injectors.

7speedshop.com

Comment

We have run 36lb/hr injectors on Motronic with plenty of room in the constants for more.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                            We have run 36lb/hr injectors on Motronic with plenty of room in the constants for more.
                            You are better tuner than Brody at Miller!

I discovered those constants using dissasembly code, as far as I know Brody did not copy my findings yet. Maybe later

Comment

i have decided to go MS or AEM. I have a buddy thats giving me a good deal. THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE REVIEWS

Comment

Working...
                              X