Megasquirt M62 e30. Would it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megasquirt M62 e30. Would it work?

So, after messing with all of this wiring for ages trying to do this swap, I figured I'd go the MS route. It would save money later in tunes when the turbos are added later. However, would this affect the EWS system? I can't say I know a whole lot about MS, so would you be able to program it in such a way for an "EWS delete" sort of thing? My fear is not being able to operate the starter solenoid since it needs a coded signal from the EWS module after getting a confirmation of sorts from the original DME. Has anyone done a similar setup on an M62? And would anyone know where I should start in terms of reading material, places to get the components, people to talk to, etc.?

Miller now has a m60/m63 war chip

Comment

Wow.

Uh.

What makes you think that the starter needs a coded signal? The only thing that EWS does is interrupt a power wire and tell the DME that it is ok to run the engine.
      2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
      2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
      1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
      1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
      - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
      1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
      1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
      Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

If your running MS you will not have EWS as you will not be running a BMW ecu.
        www.eurowinnipeg.com
        www.E30S38.com
        E30 Mtec2-S38 | V10 TDI treg | E34 M5 | E39 M5 | Corrado turbo VR6

Comment

it can do everything except the E-throttle, including Vanos control.

you definitely want MS3 for this so you can run sequential fuel and spark.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            it can do everything except the E-throttle, including Vanos control.

you definitely want MS3 for this so you can run sequential fuel and spark.
            what he said ^^

Comment

Working...
            X