Motronic WINOLS TUNERPRO Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motronic WINOLS TUNERPRO Thread

I've been wanting to learn how to use tunerpro and winols in conjuction with motronic DME's found in E30's.

Something similar to

but on a forum that is more active. (got an account haven't been activated)

Found this guide on how to manually find maps in WINOLS

INTRODUCTION TYPICAL TASKS Creating a new project Automatically find maps Manually find maps (Text mode) Preview Changing maps Correcting checksums import data from older projects.

Helped me get acquainted with the program.

I do have a few questions

Once maps are found how do you find out what is what. For now I've been using an 027 eta ECU Binary I found on that thread and using it's XDF to help me find the maps on WINOLS and just playing with views, columns and setting the X, Y and Z axis.

Also what is recommened to burn and read chips? I will most definitely be getting an ostrich. I have a DINAN, Stock, and Markd chip I could use to see differences and help me get acquainted with what E30's like as far as tuning.

For now I have found the 16x8 part throttle map at 0xB1C
    Last edited by VAE30FTW; 10-31-2012, 05:57 PM.

H&R OE Sport Springs - Bilstein HD's - Kosei K1's ET27 - Toyo R888 - ZHP 5spd knob - BavAuto strut bar - DINAN Chip - E30 M3 Offset Bushings - Colgan bra - P-car daily

No interest? Where the nerds at?

H&R OE Sport Springs - Bilstein HD's - Kosei K1's ET27 - Toyo R888 - ZHP 5spd knob - BavAuto strut bar - DINAN Chip - E30 M3 Offset Bushings - Colgan bra - P-car daily

Comment

The ostrich is pretty useful for tuning on-the-fly but you will definitely want to burn an eprom for the long term. Programmers are relatively cheap and worth the investment.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

I bought a burner almost identical to this one

Played with some chips and tunerpro. I don't have a wideband o2 sensor though, so I haven't really experimented all that much. You might check out e30tech, there is a guy (forcedfirebird i think) that is sorta anti-megasquirt that is pretty sharp.

Comment

He's on here too. I forgot his username though

Comment

Originally posted by Red46 View Post
            I bought a burner almost identical to this one

Played with some chips and tunerpro. I don't have a wideband o2 sensor though, so I haven't really experimented all that much. You might check out e30tech, there is a guy (forcedfirebird i think) that is sorta anti-megasquirt that is pretty sharp.
            Thanks for the tips.

How has that programmer worked for you so far? can it read and write?

Comment

subscribed.
              ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

Forced firebird IS on here. Same username
                -Andy

Comment

Working...
                X