Is ICV required MSPNP?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Saascat1
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyrix2k
    why? I don't run one in my '85. It's useful for two things - cold starts and load compensation for a/c. I don't run A/C and unless it's freezing cold outside, the car will idle almost immediately after starting. When it's cold, I have to give it a little gas until it warms up. I left it out of this build for several reasons. 1) I didn't want to deal with the gooseneck on my m50 under boost 2) I run three coil drivers for wasted spark and without the ICV transistor, all the coil drivers mount to the internal MS heatsink 3) it's one less thing wire and tune. I'll be adding it back in on my new build since the objective is to move towards a factory-like DD.
    Thanks Cyrix2k,

    That answers my question quite well as the throttle body I'll be using does not have any facility to mount an ICV.
    I have bought a "Quadspark" ignition driver from DIYAutotune, it is an external driver with a built in heatsink, to run their IGN-6 coils, essentially a triple pair. With all due respect to Whodwho, do you run sequential ignition with your setup?

    Thanks to all contributors

    Leave a comment:


  • Cyrix2k
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    You don't need it but you definitely want it.
    why? I don't run one in my '85. It's useful for two things - cold starts and load compensation for a/c. I don't run A/C and unless it's freezing cold outside, the car will idle almost immediately after starting. When it's cold, I have to give it a little gas until it warms up. I left it out of this build for several reasons. 1) I didn't want to deal with the gooseneck on my m50 under boost 2) I run three coil drivers for wasted spark and without the ICV transistor, all the coil drivers mount to the internal MS heatsink 3) it's one less thing wire and tune. I'll be adding it back in on my new build since the objective is to move towards a factory-like DD.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    You don't need it but you definitely want it.

    Leave a comment:


  • whodwho
    replied
    You do not need to run one but no real reason not

    Closed loop is basically you set a target idle rpm and the ECU varies the ICV to keep at the target rpm.

    You don't need a cam sensor as you wont be running sequential spark with that system or that coil on a 6 cyl

    you will be running wasted spark with that coil and will need to run 3 ignition drivers, that coilpack has three coils that each fire two plugs at a time, one on compression stroke and a 'wasted spark' on the exhaust stroke of the 2nd cyl.

    Leave a comment:


  • Me+SPEED=
    replied
    Read

    Read it again
    Then read some more

    Leave a comment:


  • Saascat1
    started a topic Is ICV required MSPNP?

    Is ICV required MSPNP?

    Hi All,

    Sorry if this is a dumb question........I tried to find info by searching this forum and had no luck.

    Do I need to still run a stock ICV? Can someone explain "closed loop" idle for me?

    I will be running wideband O2, IAT with AFM delete and inbuilt MAP sensor, I will also be using both a crank trigger, and a cam position sensor for sequential ignition with DIYAutotune 6 pack coils.

    And while I'm asking dumb questions............ Wasted spark?

    I appreciate any help on this.

    Cheers
Working...