MAF curve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAF curve

I'm fine-tuning my e36 OBD-1 MAF curve on Megasquirt by trial and error.

Does anyone have an official MAF curve for a 2.5" e36 MAF?

Mine looks like this right now. I drive around constant throtte and adjust the curve until it get me 14.7 at that point.

The higher flow part is a little tougher so I'm hoping to follow the OEM curve. Nobody has it?
    Attached Files

Comment

Your best bet would be to send it to a company to be flowed. That way they could provide you with the full transfer data. The actual measured flow curve is not as linear as yours. I would contact either Pro-m racing or EFI Systems/Abaco Racing. Both these companies produce aftermarket MAF's and have the equipment to properly flow test your meter. Having the meter actually flowed will make your tuning so much easier, simply copy and paste the data. Once you have that data you won't have to change it again, unless you change injector size.

Comment

I could do that (and I may...)

I'd be happy to start with the OEM data to start.

Somebody must have it. I can't possibly be the first to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
          I could do that (and I may...)

I'd be happy to start with the OEM data to start.

Somebody must have it. I can't possibly be the first to do this.
          i haven't even gotten started with it myself yet, but someone who uses TunerPro and has access to the OEM ECU may be able to extract the relevant table for you. i know one person like that, i'll point them here.
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

PM sent. We have been hacking OBD1 Motronic for some time...
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I found this table, but as I recall I need to do some bit manipulation to get meaningfull data. Does TunerPro do that?
              Attached Files

Comment

That's not the correct table. You have either a definition or .bin incorrect. There should be a cam retard table and a cam advance table that are about 10x10-ish each or something (don't have TP on this PC ATM).
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                  That's not the correct table. You have either a definition or .bin incorrect. There should be a cam retard table and a cam advance table that are about 10x10-ish each or something (don't have TP on this PC ATM).

Are you thinking fuel? There's fuel advanced/retarded and they're about 10x10, but MAF flow should have nothing to do with the cam position.

Comment

Working...
                  X