Rate my: 10 psi AFR target and spark advance tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate my: 10 psi AFR target and spark advance tables

I can't post on e30tech's thread because I've been waiting about 2 years for my registration to go through, but here is my current afr target and ignition tables. Going to start autotune today. Let me know if theres anything glaringly bad about this!

My Transaction Feedback
    My "build" thread
    BUY MY CAR!!

I think you want the idle area richer, unless it idles good now?

I'll try n post mine later. My AFR kinda sucks but my ignition is good.
    89 325i: 86 535i motor+trans, JE forged pistons, MLS head gasket, ARP head studs, Comp turbo, GoodNTight b34 turbo manifold, e30.de motor mounts, AKG 75D engine/trans mounts, custom 3" exhaust, intercooler, MS2PNP, Megan Racing Coilovers.

Comment

I would leave most of the part-throttle area close to 14.7:1 instead of trying to go leaner as your first go-around. get it running well first, then think about tuning for efficiency. You don't want to be chasing driveability issues due to trying to run it too lean.

is the motor stock? if it's cammed you will want to run it richer at idle, if it's stock then 14.7:1 is fine. Mine likes to idle at 13:1, I've tried anything and everything to get it to idle smoothly at 14.7:1 but it just doesn't like it.

11.6 is a little bit rich IMO.

the ignition looks OK but obviously it's a bit of a stab in the dark - have you looked at the timing maps sticky on E30tech?
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thanks everyone, forgot to post the details of my motor!

It's a 2.7 with a stock i head, H1C wastegated to about 10 psi.

The timing map I got from the e30tech thread with a similiar setup. And I scaled it down a little bit to err on the safer side, although it was a "safe" map to begin with.

Nando - should I shoot for around 12?

And I'll change the part throttle to 14.7 for now.

My range from 70-110 kpa, is it good?

And do I need better resolution in any areas? I'm not sure why I'm stuck with an 8x8 table
        Last edited by saturnv7890; 05-22-2013, 08:27 AM.

My Transaction Feedback
        My "build" thread
        BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Working...
        X