No spark issue with MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No spark issue with MS

Im having a problem with my turbo m42 running MS. For some stupid reason I am not getting any spark.

KOEO fuel pump primes, relay clicks, all normal. Car cranks but will not fire.

I have fuel. I can smell it out the tailpipe. Confirmed no spark.

What are my options? I replaced my crank sensor a while back with an OEM one. Im assuming MS operates similar to stock motronic which requires a crank signal. I dont see how a new crank sensor could cause this...

Now for some back story. Somewhere down the project line I managed to make some sort of wiring mistake and I accidentally wired my LC-1 into the same circuit as the glove box light. (stupid I know) Every time I would open the glove box the car wouldnt start LOL

So I scrapped all the wiring before and started over from scratch in order to fix my mistake. But now that I have It wired differently the car still wont start.

Can someone answer some questions for me.
    1. Is AFR signal from the LC1 required for MS to give spark?
    2. Am I missing a ground or a hot somewhere?

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

I don't think ms will cut spark because of what the lc1 is telling it. It may alter afr's but it shouldn't have anything to do with spark. I haven't done this myself but i think there is a function within tuner studio called composite logger that will allow you to see crank pulses. Maybe try that to see if you have anything.

Comment

have you hooked your MS up to a stim to verify that it's working?
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        have you hooked your MS up to a stim to verify that it's working?
        waiting on a 9pin to usb connector to start checking things off. MS seems to be controlling every properly just not sending spark signal :(

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

This might be an obvious question but have you double checked your ignition settings?
          i.e. Falling Edge, going High (Inverted), etc...

Comment

Perhaps u have mistakenly switched the crank sensor plug for the spark plug
            impulse sensor plug. ?

Comment

Working...
            X