E85 + Naturally Aspirated M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E85 + Naturally Aspirated M20

So today I fed my megasquirted N/A 2.7i m20 some corn juice just for kicks. After some tweaking of the MS, it seems to like this stuff. Anyone else running it on an N/A m20?

Interesting. I am running MS2 but have not tried that out. I would be interested in exchanging tune settings to see how you have things setup.

Comment

Sure I can send my tune im still figuring out this whole MS thing lol I basically took my 91 tune and richened it up about 25-30% and added ~6 degrees of timing im just going to keep messing with it on the street until I can get some dyno time in

Comment

Its not going to do a lot n/a. It contains less energy than gasoline, so you use more of it. Due to cooling abilities it can act like higher octane fuel on a boosted car, but an n/a m20 isnt even knock limited typically so there is no benefit.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

works well on higher compression engines.....fuel economy will probably suck on stockish engines
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Somehow i doubt a 2.7i has high enough compression - what, 11:1, 12:1 at minimum to see a gain? Wasnt ixer shooting for 13:1 with his build?
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Keep in mind that it can be extremely difficult to get to MBT street tuning on corn, so dyno tuning on corn is recommended. However, like the guys above said, you probably won't see much benefit with your engine setup.
              1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

I have boost in the near future I dont really care about gains on the motor as it sits, I just wanted to see if I could do it and make it function properly before le turbo install. The motor isn't stock and butt dyno gains feel minimal but yes I will confirm that fuel consumption went from 14-15 MPG to 8-9 MPG

Comment

Sure it runs, just no point using it. A 8.8:1 M20 is not even knock limited on the poorest pump piss you can get, so raising octane will do nothing at all. I would start using it when boosted, makes sense then.

Comment

fuck it, he tried it
                    m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
                    build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Working...
                    X