No announcement yet.

Anybody try e-bay exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup I just found out that out too. I spoke with top speed auto. They should have a new shipment of their "stainless steel exhaust" soon. I told them to send me a picture and perhaps we could arrange a group buy. I hope that their version is the correct one granted that its more costly. otherwise, I'd have to settle for the $119 version

Comment

If you are using the stock cat, I think the X Pipe is wasted monies. I will use this exhaust on the 24V swap and will be using 2 separate cats just so I can have the x pipe VERY far back in the exhaust.

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

there is really no reason for an x-pipe that far back, especially given there is already an x-pipe just before the cat. having two x-pipes does absolutely nothing.

I think there is a point of diminishing returns for putting it too far back anyway, basically the factory got it about right.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          there is really no reason for an x-pipe that far back, especially given there is already an x-pipe just before the cat. having two x-pipes does absolutely nothing.

I think there is a point of diminishing returns for putting it too far back anyway, basically the factory got it about right.
          Agreed. Mine is not going to have the X in front, only 1 after the cat...plus I still believe there is an X in the stock cat.

I wannna try the "way far back cat" deal to see how/what happens.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
            If you are using the stock cat, I think the X Pipe is wasted monies. I will use this exhaust on the 24V swap and will be using 2 separate cats just so I can have the x pipe VERY far back in the exhaust.
            does this mean, my exhaust flow will be even more constricted if I utilize the xpipe version?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
              does this mean, my exhaust flow will be even more constricted if I utilize the xpipe version?
              No, not at all.

Closing SOON!

Comment

So is it safe to say that this muffler will completely quiet an exhaust consisting of long tube headers and just straight midpipes on back?
                sigpic

Comment

I've read thru this entire thread and it seems that the $199 catback is quiet and most suitable if oe cats are still installed. Does anyone have a link to the ebay buyer? How about a link to the pelican exhaust kit to mount the damn thing??

Comment

Ebay seller rather! I'm the buyer! lol

Comment

i have the top speed speed catback exhaust pictured on page 7 I think. Not the "IE replica" one, but the one that cost about $220 shipped..at least that was the price a year ago on ebay. I bought the exhaust kit from bavauto since my stock brackets were rusty etc..

I'll get my flip and record some clips tomorrow. I noticed that over the past year the exhaust got a bit louder, but it's still quiet compared to having a magnaflow muffler on there. I wish it was a bit louder though to drown out the stock m20 ticking sound. haha

Comment

Originally posted by joonsup View Post
                        i have the top speed speed catback exhaust pictured on page 7 I think. Not the "IE replica" one, but the one that cost about $220 shipped..at least that was the price a year ago on ebay. I bought the exhaust kit from bavauto since my stock brackets were rusty etc..

I'll get my flip and record some clips tomorrow. I noticed that over the past year the exhaust got a bit louder, but it's still quiet compared to having a magnaflow muffler on there. I wish it was a bit louder though to drown out the stock m20 ticking sound. haha
                        do you have pictures of the muffler tips?

Comment

Ok guys I finally shot a few video clips of the ebay exhaust. I've had it on for a year or so and it definitely got louder as the months passed. This isn't the IE looking one but the "more expensive" one that used to cost around $220 shipped from Top Speed. Sorry about the drive by clips. Those were pretty weak because I didn't have enough road to gas it more before the road curved. Plus it didn't help with that whining noise that started coming from the rear of my car just a couple days ago.

If anyone can confirm that it's coming from the diff I'd appreciate it although it's a bit off topic in this thread. If you guys could give feedback in my other thread that'd be great. In the meantime enjoy the clips. I'll try to get some better pass by ones later this week.

My other "whining noise" thread.

Comment

very nice but after looking at it, the way the exhaust is mounted looks very unusual... the tips hang way below the exhaust cut out on rear valence

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                              very nice but after looking at it, the way the exhaust is mounted looks very unusual... the tips hang way below the exhaust cut out on rear valence
                              yes I agree it does seem to hang a bit low. My friend installed it for me and i haven't messed with it since. I did get that exhaust kit from bavauto I think. Came with new brackets, etc.. Maybe it can be adjusted? Or maybe the exhaust sits that way. It doesnt bother me enough to fix it though unlike the different noises I hear coming from the car

Comment

I bought the $119 ebay exhaust last week. I picked it up from the ebay seller, in Indiapolis for $145 out the door. The actual business name is "E-MOTOR USA", aka E-MUSA. They sell all kinds of Chinese speed parts. They are in a commercial warehouse park and don't operate a storefront.

Their website says that they manufacture for private labels. www.emotorusa.com
                                1989 325i

Comment

Working...
                                X