Anybody try e-bay exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joonsup View Post
    Ok guys I finally shot a few video clips of the ebay exhaust. I've had it on for a year or so and it definitely got louder as the months passed. This isn't the IE looking one but the "more expensive" one that used to cost around $220 shipped from Top Speed. Sorry about the drive by clips. Those were pretty weak because I didn't have enough road to gas it more before the road curved. Plus it didn't help with that whining noise that started coming from the rear of my car just a couple days ago.

If anyone can confirm that it's coming from the diff I'd appreciate it although it's a bit off topic in this thread. If you guys could give feedback in my other thread that'd be great. In the meantime enjoy the clips. I'll try to get some better pass by ones later this week.

My other "whining noise" thread.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=187609
    Exhaust sounds great IMO..car looks pretty nice too!

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by cdsmith_2002 View Post
      I bought the $119 ebay exhaust last week. I picked it up from the ebay seller, in Indiapolis for $145 out the door. The actual business name is "E-MOTOR USA", aka E-MUSA. They sell all kinds of Chinese speed parts. They are in a commercial warehouse park and don't operate a storefront.

Their website says that they manufacture for private labels. www.emotorusa.com
      Which kit did you get? Their site only lists one for the e30 M3...... I am assuming that you have a m20...
      Last edited by handysmurf59; 12-25-2010, 08:23 PM. Reason: efing English
      sigpic
      "But the way it deals with bumps and heaves makes you think the shocks are filled with unicorn farts and pixie tears."

Comment

Originally posted by handysmurf59 View Post
        Which kit did you get? Their site only lists one for the e30 M3...... I am assuming that you have a m20...
        Yes, I just have a M20. Fits like a glove. I left all the packaging at the warehouse. Not sure what the part # is. Pictures is before all the hangers were installed:

1989 325i

Comment

Originally posted by cdsmith_2002 View Post
          Yes, I just have a M20. Fits like a glove. I left all the packaging at the warehouse. Not sure what the part # is. Pictures is before all the hangers were installed:

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...2-10220540.jpg
          Did you reuse your stock hangers? Mine are shot and I am thinking about getting new ones, but am not sure which ones fit that ebay exhaust........

Thanks

Nice looking system BTW. Me wants one........
          sigpic
          "But the way it deals with bumps and heaves makes you think the shocks are filled with unicorn farts and pixie tears."

Comment

wheres the best place to order a full install kit. I just ordered this muffler off ebay and want to replace all the bolts, strap, and hangers

Comment

I got my exhaust kit from bavauto. Looks like you got the IE looking one. I dunno about now but there used to be two different types floating around ebay

Comment

Anybody know a current link to a similar cat back? Also, if these generally have fitment issues, what are we talking about? Fitment where?

I need to replace my stock muffler but if mounting one of these is a hassle I'll just get an Eberspacher/Ansa.

Comment

Anybody know if the pelican parts headers are good?

Comment

The fitment issue is at the very back for late model cars - the tips press right up against the left side of the opening in the valence.

I just confirmed this myself when I installed mine. BTW, I used the one from Indianapolis that costs $180 shipped. (no x pipe)

Do you think an exhaust shop could just heat part of the tips up near the muffler till they glow red and carefully bend them into alignment without having to drop the whole thing down?
                    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                    -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

they are back on ebay, the x pipe ones. $299 shipped http://www.ebay.com/itm/370549992234...84.m1438.l2649

Comment

Yay!

Originally posted by Rowanese View Post
                        they are back on ebay, the x pipe ones. $299 shipped http://www.ebay.com/itm/370549992234...84.m1438.l2649

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanese View Post
                          anybody try these with there headers?

Comment

Originally posted by Morrison View Post
                            The fitment issue is at the very back for late model cars - the tips press right up against the left side of the opening in the valence.

I just confirmed this myself when I installed mine. BTW, I used the one from Indianapolis that costs $180 shipped. (no x pipe)

Do you think an exhaust shop could just heat part of the tips up near the muffler till they glow red and carefully bend them into alignment without having to drop the whole thing down?
                            This!

It's starting to get annoying, what's the best way of fixing this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by davem View Post
                              This!

It's starting to get annoying, what's the best way of fixing this issue?
                              when i had that issue, the best thing is to align the exhaust to where you want it at the rear valence bet appropriatly tightening the ends of each exhaust hanger, right before you bolt it in tight. If there is a gap between the flanges, so be it. As long as yoru steel gasket is good, there shouldn't be a leak

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                                when i had that issue, the best thing is to align the exhaust to where you want it at the rear valence bet appropriatly tightening the ends of each exhaust hanger, right before you bolt it in tight. If there is a gap between the flanges, so be it. As long as yoru steel gasket is good, there shouldn't be a leak
                                thx, worth a shot i guess

Comment

Working...
                                X