Dyno after ebay headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyno after ebay headers?

Does anybody have dyno results before/after installing ebay headers on either a b25 or b27? Couldn't find any info in the previous ebay threads.

Wondering what kind of difference these make on a stock tune
    sigpic

those interested in cheap ebay headers are probably not the people who would be forking out extra to go to the dyno
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
      those interested in cheap ebay headers are probably not the people who would be forking out extra to go to the dyno
      A bunch of the PRO3 guys run ebay headers I hear. They might dyno their car :)
      -------------------------------------------------
      1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
      2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

my car has ebay headers, other mods too.
        gonna dyno it before i do my turbo and after my turbo so i can see what i actually gain.

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
          my car has ebay headers, other mods too.
          gonna dyno it before i do my turbo and after my turbo so i can see what i actually gain.
          that doesn't make any sense. that'll tell you what the turbo gained, but not the headers.

I agree with digger - the headers cost around $100-150. an hour of dyno time is around $150, and most shops charge another $50-75 just to put it on the machine.

plus, you really need tuning to take advantage of them. The pro3 guys can tune for it (they're allowed piggybacks). 99.9999999% of the rest of people using them aren't going to do that, you'll spend 10x as much on tuning and dyno time than you did on the headers.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
          X