Any audio clips of IE/Ebay exhausts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any audio clips of IE/Ebay exhausts?

Many people have bought the Ireland Engineering exhausts (or Ebay copies), but nobody has posted any sound files. These exhausts are supposed to sound nice, correct?

Post it up if you have one.

Product reviews!

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Vedubin01, unfortunately the links do not work for me. Seems they have expired content.

Does anybody have a video/audio clip they can post?

Comment

I'm going to bring this back from the dead. The links in the first post to sound clips don't work anymore. Anyone have clips for the Ireland exhaust? Also, is this ebay exhaust the same one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...Q5fAccessories

it shows the exhaust tips being just under 2.5" diameter. Can someone measure their IE exhaust and post here?

Comment

That is the same exhaust as the IE exhaust as far as I know. Ive got the IE copy exhaust from ebay sitting in my room right now, when my car is running next week agian (hopefully) I will make an exhaust clip.
          Last edited by noE30; 03-16-2010, 10:29 AM.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Sure looks like it from the pics on IEs site

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

eBay seller sent me the wrong damned exhaust. How in the world is this supposed to fit? I mean...come on.....

Trying to get this resolved with the seller.
              Attached Files

Comment

does anyone know if this is the same as the $299 ebay one and the IE one?

$119!

Comment

Originally posted by m_dudey View Post

$119!

in the ad it says:

2" all around piping
                  oval muffler and 3" tip

it also says axle back.......i'd be a little worried unless you can get the seller to send a few pictures rather than that one on the ad

Comment

Originally posted by m_dudey View Post

$119!

Sure looks the same, doesn't it? $60 shipping, so $180 to your door? Not too bad, but I bet they have the same "loud as fuck 2 years later" that mine has. Might not be so bad on a stock cat, but mine is LOUD.

Originally posted by metalix1021 View Post
                    eBay seller sent me the wrong damned exhaust. How in the world is this supposed to fit? I mean...come on.....

Trying to get this resolved with the seller.
                    That thing might fit if you wrapped the ass end of your car around a telephone pole!

Probably not the look you are going for, eh?

GL on that shit. What is it for, anyway?

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

this is my ebay muffler, $9.99 i think it was 20 something for shipping. Can't find em quite that cheap anymore. But still about the cheapest option.
                      The engine is pretty much stock, it has a intake, and maybe a chip. I can't remember if i had it chipped when i filmed it. The exhaust setup is a custom y pi...

Russell
                      1987 325is
                      1992 240sx coupe
                      1994 525i

Comment

luke are you saying the ie/ebay muffler gets louder and louder with time? like how many times more than stock? is it the sound deadening inside that gets blown out?
                        90 E30 325i

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                          Sure looks the same, doesn't it? $60 shipping, so $180 to your door? Not too bad, but I bet they have the same "loud as fuck 2 years later" that mine has. Might not be so bad on a stock cat, but mine is LOUD.

That thing might fit if you wrapped the ass end of your car around a telephone pole!

Probably not the look you are going for, eh?

GL on that shit. What is it for, anyway?
                          Well, he got back to me and apparently I was sent an exhaust for an e36. He has no more e30 exhausts either.

He agreed to refund my money and also pay for the shipping back to him.

Kind of a happy ending.

Comment

Originally posted by guibo09 View Post
                            luke are you saying the ie/ebay muffler gets louder and louder with time? like how many times more than stock? is it the sound deadening inside that gets blown out?
                            This is loud. As in louder than some cars I have heard with no cat at all. Full on "cabin drone" except that my sub controls that pretty well acoustically, then drowns it out when I turn the stereo on.

My wifes car has a Bosal, which is now rusted out. Her car basically has no muffler and is still half the loudness of mine.

The cabriolet that I am working on right now has the "Ebersport" catback from Eberspaecher, and it sounds amazing, but too quiet for my taste.

That is what is gonna go on my wifes car...OE+ kinda thing, but very quiet.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

maybe yours is defect due to poor quality control? are others having the same problem? everyone seems to agree that is only a bit louder than stock.
                              90 E30 325i

Comment

Working...
                              X