What rods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What rods?

Eagle, K1, or Molnar ....easy question right. Which one has best finishing and QC?

I am aware that they are all likely the exact same part to start, but who do you think does the best finishing work to get a good clean set of 6 with round ends and good dimensions?

**update** I bought Eagle rods see below for m,y initial QC of them.
    Eagle H beam
    88.89%
    Molnar H beam
    0.00%
    K1 H beam
    11.11%
    Last edited by 86325LSD; 10-10-2012, 12:11 PM. Reason: update
    faint in, throttle out.

What engine are you looking for rods for? Budget?

Comment

He's asking what the best brand is.

Comment

Eagle because I'm a fanboy.

Comment

I have a set of H beam and with my stroker setup the rods didn't clear the block. Had to make a few adjustments. It was less than a mm though. Thats with a 89.6mm crank though.
          318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
          '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

rod cells are to intensity of light as con cells are to colour.

generic printer ink cartridges
            Last edited by erinender987; 10-11-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

what engine management are you using for your turboed car?

Comment

Originally posted by 86325LSD View Post
                Eagle, K1, or Molnar ....easy question right. Which one has best finishing and QC?

I am aware that they are all likely the exact same part to start, but who do you think does the best finishing work to get a good clean set of 6 with round ends and good dimensions?

Add Ireland Engineering H-beams and VAC's "SP components" to that "same part" list.

A good method of QC in general is balanced to within a gram or two, ARP2000 rod bolts put in, and tolerances checked out. Since I work at IE I know this is what happens, and should happen elsewhere if your getting them from a half decent source (i.e. someone who cares._.
                ADAMS Autosport

Comment

WENT WITH EAGLES FROM HERE based upon price.

Here are my thoughts on initial observations:

They arrived in just 1 day with the free shipping!!

The rods came as described. All dimensions calipered out appropriately for the stock m52 series motors ( works for m50nv and s50 as well - L135mm/BD48mm/PD22mm ).

The rods weighed in a range from 547.408g to 548.288g. That was well within the 2 gram promised window (+/-1g).

The rod bolts included were all 12 point ARP 2000's and it included the lubricant and instillation instructions, plus STICKERS!!. Surface finish could be better (its not polished) but for a $465 H-beam rod set the initial quality exceeded my expectations.

A+ for the money thus far. I will update review again on performance after instillation and dyno testing.

gK.

PS: its nonvanos so megaqsquirt 3
                  faint in, throttle out.

Comment

Rod cells are more sensitive than con cells. It is always responsible for night vision.
                    low cost generic copier ink

Comment

Originally posted by sirajuljony View Post
                      Rod cells are more sensitive than con cells. It is always responsible for night vision.
                      Take it from a professional.

Because night vision.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Who makes light weight and compact (to clear the bottom of cylinder) 135mm aftermarket I-Beam rods?
                        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
                        X