Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which gas?? It's almost dyno tuning time!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which gas?? It's almost dyno tuning time!!

Hey everyone! I've finally got my car running good without any issues so I'll be taking it to get dyno tuned in the very near future!!

Now I'm stuck on a debate... what type of gas to run??

My goals/details:
    -10 psi (don't *plan* on upping that for a while)
    -2.7i with seta pistons (8.5:1 CR)
    -Reliable daily driver
    -no real power goal, whatever the tuner can squeeze out reliably at this point

So basically, is it going to be worth it to go to 93? At the power level we're looking at (maybe 250?) will I really see a huge difference going up to 93? Or should I stick to 91? I don't think the price difference is much.. maybe $150 a year or so. But will I see huge increases?

My Transaction Feedback
    My "build" thread
    BUY MY CAR!!

do 93

Comment

Yeah I just read what I wrote.. I'm crying over $150 a year lol. Definitely going 93, even if it's gonna be a difference of like 5 hp, definitely gonna be worth it

My Transaction Feedback
      My "build" thread
      BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

where are you getting it tuned at and when are you going to come pick up that turbo?

Comment

I don't think you'll see much of a difference at 10psi on a low compression build. Unless you have a butt plug turbo mated to a 2.25 exhaust. MR325 is running 91 on his super eta and made 267whp.
          Last edited by einstein57; 07-31-2013, 05:11 PM.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by howelll View Post
            where are you getting it tuned at and when are you going to come pick up that turbo?
            Powerfab auto on 1960, I've heard great things and it's really close!

And due to budget constraints I won't be buying your turbo :/ Thanks for the offer though it was a really good deal! Are you coming to the meet on sunday?

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
            I don't think you'll see much of a difference at 10psi on a low compression build. Unless you have a butt plug turbo mated to a 2.25 exhaust. MR325 is running 91 on his super eta and made 267whp.

Well thats actually helpful then! I have an H1c and 3" exhaust/2.5" downpipe (might be changing that soon). Would 93 squeeze out 5 hp at least? I still feel like even a small difference would be worth it.
            Last edited by saturnv7890; 08-01-2013, 05:48 AM.

My Transaction Feedback
            My "build" thread
            BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Just increase your boost. You can easily go 1 bar and make over 300whp. And change that downpipe. If i had access to 93 thats what i would use on my car but then i'd be shooting for 20psi.
              Last edited by einstein57; 08-01-2013, 10:40 AM.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Well the goal is reliability, this will be my DD and I don't have time or money to be changing out headgaskets. And I have no doubt that it can *handle* 1 bar reliably, but I'd rather just go for a very moderate level at this point.

The beauty of running 93 is that it's something I can just do without looking back, it obviously won't decrease reliability, and it'll make a difference in power.

The debate was not how to increase my horsepower, but what gas is worth running? Is 93 going to be worth it at all? Will I see *any* gains from it?

My Transaction Feedback
                My "build" thread
                BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

if reliability is your goal then you should be running 93

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
                  PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Thanks! I think I shall be running 93 then

My Transaction Feedback
                    My "build" thread
                    BUY MY CAR!!