Where to get info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get info?

Hey guys, I've got a 1991 318iS thats m50 swapped, and I've become more interested in boosted cars, and as i cant do this right away id like to look into the costs, what i need to get, and what i should do to the engine before doing anything turbo related. Any websites, or threads that would help me out?

Look on Bimmerforums.com in the FI section. Lots of info there.
    -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

I'm actually working on my first M20 turbo build now. There are a lot of build threads on here and other forums. The best thing about them is that a lot of them are guys that update the thread as they build, so you get to see (and learn from) their mistakes. That, combined with the input from other members has proven invaluable. So I'd suggest to look up a few m50 turbo build threads. And who knows, you may be able to link up with someone local to you that can show you their setup and give some pointers.
      All I wanted was a tomahawk....

Comment

Originally posted by E30NS View Post
        Hey guys, I've got a 1991 318iS thats m50 swapped, and I've become more interested in boosted cars, and as i cant do this right away id like to look into the costs, what i need to get, and what i should do to the engine before doing anything turbo related. Any websites, or threads that would help me out?
        How much power are you looking to make...?
        Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

+1 on the bf.c FI section for 24v stuff. Just keep reading build threads until you think you're ready, then don't be afraid to ask questions or get second opinions.

Are you planning on keeping the WAR chip?
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Not really sure yet, right now im just looking and researching probably wont be for a year or so.

Comment

Man you need to really search and read if you're asking such general questions.
              There is no absolute answer to any of them.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
              X